Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How much for this shirt? (URGENT)

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I’m in a pub in Shepherds Bush and noticed the landlord carrying a signed Brighton shirt. I grabbed him and asked what the story was. He said a friend of his was trying to sell it for charity. How much? “About a hundred would be great, but anything really” were his exact words.

What would you reasonably pay for it? He says it’s 12 years old but I can’t work out the signatures.

Edit - I can’t work out how to post an image but sponsor is B&H Jobs.com. Any thoughts? I said I’d let him know ASAP.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I’m in a pub in Shepherds Bush and noticed the landlord carrying a signed Brighton shirt. I grabbed him and asked what the story was. He said a friend of his was trying to sell it for charity. How much? “About a hundred would be great, but anything really” were his exact words.

What would you reasonably pay for it? He says it’s 12 years old but I can’t work out the signatures.

Edit - I can’t work out how to post an image but sponsor is B&H Jobs.com. Any thoughts? I said I’d let him know ASAP.
You should be able to upload images now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Initial thoughts are he saw you coming 😀

*edit* tho that was before you finally uploaded the image

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it'd cost about £40/£45 to buy the shirt in the first place. Having the signatures makes it worth more. If you want to own it, it's worth a bit. I certainly wouldn't want to take the piss with an offer, so at least £75. But I don't know how much it's really worth.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Leroy Lita
Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
I suspect the charity was a red herring. The pub landlord was selling on behalf of his ‘mate’ who was raising money for an unspecified charity, he said. Hmm. Anyway, I didn’t buy it. I cheekily offered £40 as that was all the cash I had on me but this was politely turned down. I decided not to return after the match with more cash.

For anyone interested, the pub was the tiny Shepherd and Flock on Goldhawk Rd. He may still have it.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I suspect the charity was a red herring. The pub landlord was selling on behalf of his ‘mate’ who was raising money for an unspecified charity, he said. Hmm. Anyway, I didn’t buy it. I cheekily offered £40 as that was all the cash I had on me but this was politely turned down. I decided not to return after the match with more cash.

For anyone interested, the pub was the tiny Shepherd and Flock on Goldhawk Rd. He may still have it.
And that is why my lad isn't going to be able to get anymore sigs on our shirt (I say 'our's' as he accidentally took the wrong shirt & it was mine. :rolleyes:). People selling for 'charity' when no money will go to a charity. People selling the stuff full stop. The team get taxi's from the ground to the car park now as it all became a bit mad. It appears it's the price we pay for us no longer being 'little BHA' & it's a bit sad that we can't have 'nice things' like sig's on a shirt anymore due to people trying to make money from it. I'm obviously very happy that we are where we are but sometimes I do wish we were still 'little' & player's could sign shirts. 🤷‍♀️

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ah, those were the days when the players would sign their name and squad number on the shirt. My memory must be failing tho. I don't recall squad member (just below the errea logo) 'Pele 10' :ohmy:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
QPR, the era, a pub in Shepherd’s Bush, I’m amazed the name Charlie Oatway hasn’t come up!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I bet the landlord has a “signed” West Brom shirt next week for their first game of the season and one for every team in the championship 🤣🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here