Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how much do you spend at away games

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
having a chat to some friends in the week,im not a season ticket holder,but do go to maybe 10 games at least at home,but go to most away games enjoy these much more,this is my choice.but how much does the av bha fan spend away? train fare,beer on train,munchies,pub by opening time,more beer,card sessions,lunch,ticket,more food,more beer on way home.thats my routine god i spend a fourtune!would be cheaper to get a season ticket,but just dont enjoy it at the withdean,and love going away .ps what about the overnighters you do throughout the season,we normaly do at least 3,so add accom to that aswell!!!dont tell the missus:ohmy:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Normall away game i spend about £60-70 depends on how far. Further away means more expensive ticket and longer to drink :lolol:

poke

Oct 19, 2003
Taxi to train station because i'm usually running late!

Train ticket

can of red bull, and sandwich

Drinks in pub

Match Ticket

Programme

Hot-dog at half time

more drinks in pub

Drinks to take home on train

Food

more drinks when back in brighton

Taxi home

(think that covers everything)

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I usually drive which limits the opportunities to drink so it is probably something like

Petrol £10-£30
Drink (1 pint) £2.50
Burger/hot dog+chips £3.00
Programme £2.50
Hot drink £1.00
+ ticket

If its in London I use my travelcard and so the travelling costs are nil but the amount spent on drink will be substantially higher

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Normally spend around £40 on away match days with my lad - this doesn't include travel or match tickets

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I spend alot, i reckon about £60 - £70!!! but if i get a lift then its normally alot cheaper

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
travel (either coach or train)
(about 15-30 notes)
ticket
(about 20 notes)
something to eat at the stop
( about 7 notes)
programme
(about 3 notes)
pints
(about 6-10 notes )

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I try to do most as cheaply as possible, but even those covered by my train season ticket probably rack up £20 - £30 in "incidentals" - programme, beer and food.

For the more long distance ones, I tend to take the kids and stop overnight. Even for Port Vale, when I camped for the weekend, this probably made the weekend expenses something like £100.

For Wrexham, the hotel bill alone was over £100, so the total cost was probably in the region of £250.

I guess the average away game would therefore cost me about £60 on top of the match ticket.

Yikes, I wish I hadn't worked that out! No wonder I'm always skint! :ohmy:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
poke said:

Programme

katie, don't bother buying a programme, it has practicallly nothing relevant to us and anything that is we have read a thousand times before and often it is wrong anyway. save your £2.50 for another drink.

The thing I love about away games is that it gets me out of the house at the weekend. Most of my non-footy mates just seem to sit around and watch telly all day.

I always feel that the fact I've been to another area of the country is worth every penny spent on travel, tickets, food & drink....fortunately for me every game is an away game as I travel from the scum of berkshire, Reading.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
fortunately for me every game is an away game as I travel from the scum of berkshire, Reading. [/B]

except the opening game of the season then which will be kind of a home game for you. (in the sense of not having to travel anyway)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Too bloody much, but i enjoy them so much more than home games hence no season ticket for me this season, i just want to be able to afford 90% of the aways!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Ticket for Swindon. (away)...£14
pre-match beers at the bulldog....£15
2x burger king stops on motorway....£10
petrol....£30
flags/horn/etc...£15
pack of fags...£5
ticket for swindon(home).....£22
petrol......£5
2x pack of fags!!......£10
1xburger king....£5
pre-match beers.....£10

Beating that bunch of ***** with a last minute goal and penalties, then ripping the shit out of the away fans......

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Petrol and drinks usually about £40-60 although it used to be in reverse for us, with away games being cheaper (not including tickets)

poke

Oct 19, 2003
the full harris said:
katie, don't bother buying a programme, it has practicallly nothing relevant to us and anything that is we have read a thousand times before and often it is wrong anyway. save your £2.50 for another drink.

No i like reading them, and it helps me to remember which games i've gone too.

Also by the end of the day i'm always mullered so don't really need money for another drink!

Sitting Room Only

Jul 5, 2003
Somewhere off the M1
Probably 50 dabs plus the ticket

And just the cost of the ticket when i drive:shootself

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
looks like most ave 60/80 smackers,which i think is bout what i spend,so x that by the number of gamews i think i will get to,yikes thats min 1400,hope the missus doesnt read this:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here