Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Much Do You Drink?

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
spread over a typical week,around 10 pints of lager (5%),2 bottles of red wine,half a dozen ricards and 2 or 3 armagnacs

according to the health charts this is over the recommended amount,but i'm quite comfortable with it,never pissed and don't get hangovers,for me that's sensible drinking

obviously if the albion win,you can double the lager intake!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Never get pissed drinking indoors and don't get hangovers either but way too scary to count what I do in a week!!

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I used to drink like a fish and it never affected me so I'd never have any qualms about carrying on into the next day and the next day and the next day...

However, all of a sudden I find even a casual four or five pints of an evening will leave me completely useless the following day. I'm sketchy and vague and hopeless at concentrating on anything other than how many hours until I can go to sleep. It's a total write off and the thought of any more alcohol passing my lips makes me feel proper queer.

Coupled with the fact that all my boozing left me with a bit of a belly I've cut down drastically these days, but the primary reason for this is that I just can't cope like I used to. Means I think twice before heading out to the pub on a school night, knowing the following day will likely be a complete waste of time, and instead of "relaxing" at home with a few beers or some wine every other night I just save it for occasions when it feels more like a treat - say I've got some mates round to watch footie on the telly.

All of a sudden none of my jeans fit and I can get out of bed in the morning far easier.

The weird thing is I'd NEVER have foreseen myself getting like this just a few years back. I was a MONSTER for the booze in my 20s and had assumed I'd always be like that, but those days are gone it would seem.

Now don't get me wrong, I'll still get tanked on a big night out every once in a while, or when I'm on holiday, but it is no longer such a regular fixture of my life. My body and my wallet are both thankful for the change and I honestly think I enjoy a "session" now more than I ever did, because it's more of a rarity and something to be savoured and enjoyed as opposed to an everyday occurrence.

Of course next month is party season, so all that might go out the window for a while. And I can't remember the last time I was sober on Christmas Day, but then who is?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cutting right down on beer at present. Apparently one month off and the liver is back to pristine condition, as if you'd never had a bevvie in your life (unless you've already done irreversible damage of course).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here