Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much do you believe in The tooth fairy?

How much do you believe in The tooth fairy?

• I KNOW the tooth fairy exists for a FACT

Votes: 25 48.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE the tooth fairy exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe the tooth fairy exists

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of the tooth fairy's existence

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think TF's existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • The tooth fairy does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 12 23.1%

• Total voters

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
Please make sure you all say your prayers today, a reminder of the words is here

Our fairy, who art in bedroom,
Hallowed be thy wings,
Thy Colgate come,
Thy cleanse my gums,
In morning as it is in evening,
Give me my due for what's in my head,
And give me it in ten-pieces,
As I will save it to go to the dentist,
And lead me not into sweet shops,
and deliver me from the drill,
for thine is the wisdom, the incisor and the molar, forever and ever.
Amen

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Please make sure you all say your prayers today, a reminder of the words is here

Our fairy, who art in bedroom,
Hallowed be thy wings,
Thy Colgate come,
Thy cleanse my gums,
In morning as it is in evening,
Give me my due for what's in my head,
And give me it in ten-pieces,
As I will save it to go to the dentist,
And lead me not into sweet shops,
and deliver me from the drill,
for thine is the wisdom, the incisor and the molar, forever and ever.
Amen

you started a new thread and then managed to contain your excitement for a massive 22 minutes, and one reply, before pasting this work of genius...

well done

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
you started a new thread and then managed to contain your excitement for a massive 22 minutes, and one reply, before pasting this work of genius...

well done
I was quite proud in the pub last night, in the cold light of today not so sure. But do not mock the tooth fairy's prayer. As the good fairy says - thee who mock will not get their ten-pences

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
More than any deity or most conspiracy theories. There, that ends my contributions to two current threads that are annoying me, in one go.

It annoys you because you don't want to face up to the prospect of where you might go if you continue to ignore/refuse to believe in god.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It annoys you because you don't want to face up to the prospect of where you might go if you continue to ignore/refuse to believe in god.

That would be exactly the same place as where he's going if he does believe in God - the local crematorium followed by a jar on his kids mantlepiece.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Not at all. I "know" what will happen, and doesn't worry me at all.

I have been thinking about why those threads annoy me, and it's really based around frustration, either with my inability to explain my basis of thought or, for those on the opposing side of the arguments unwilling to give any ground at all. We're slipping back into the argument here, which I wanted to avoid, but it seems to me (and is of course purely my opinion) that in both the god/conspiracy arguments, the people supporting the concepts seem to "want" to believe, so that all their views are always skewed one way rather than looking at the subjects objectively. Naturally those people will disagree with that, and probably accuse me of precisely the same, which is fair enough.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I used to get visited, but know for a fact most of my clients do (swimming teacher). Much more evidence than the zero for a deity. Still Uncertain but hopeful

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know for a fact that the tooth fairy exists. Silly question.

djm21

Sep 6, 2011
Not at all. I "know" what will happen, and doesn't worry me at all.

I have been thinking about why those threads annoy me, and it's really based around frustration, either with my inability to explain my basis of thought or, for those on the opposing side of the arguments unwilling to give any ground at all. We're slipping back into the argument here, which I wanted to avoid, but it seems to me (and is of course purely my opinion) that in both the god/conspiracy arguments, the people supporting the concepts seem to "want" to believe, so that all their views are always skewed one way rather than looking at the subjects objectively. Naturally those people will disagree with that, and probably accuse me of precisely the same, which is fair enough.

Have you read all of the good book and come to that conclusion then? Or have you not honestly given it a chance yet? Have you just listened to the doubters first before giving some serious thought

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
How do you know it's a Fairy ? It could be a Fairette.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'll give it another half an hour before a few tooth fairy extremists find this thread and start stirring up trouble.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Have you read all of the good book and come to that conclusion then? Or have you not honestly given it a chance yet? Have you just listened to the doubters first before giving some serious thought

If you mean the bible, then no, but I doubt most "believers" have either. I thought it was generally accepted by the church that it was no longer to be taken a literal, which is a nice get-out clause for them. And yes, I do listen to the arguments, and also question it within myself, and always come to the conclusion that it's total claptrap (to use a rather emotive phrase). The only question that I ever have problems with, and I wrestle with it often, is that, if someones wants to believe, and it is all false, then what's the harm, especially if it makes them feel better. I swing both ways on this one, but fundamentally, I usually tend to come back to "if it's based on a lie, then it does no good at all".

I genuinely feel sorry for religious people, the natural world is far, far more beautiful than any religion could ever be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here