Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many titles will Sussex take this season?

How many titles will Sussex scoop?

• Four - :dunce:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well, we are fast approaching the curtain raiser of the 2008 season.

The question I put to you is how many titles will Sussex win?

Having lost the ever present and dependable Monty (where are the monty knockers now!?) we need some of the young whipper-snappers to stand up and be counted?

Will Mushy make 2008 a happy year? Who will win the battle for the gloves? Is Ryan Harris the man to give our pace attack a lift? Will Lancashire blame the rain for stopping them wrapping up the title before the end of June? Will Chris Adams be linked with another county? All the answers will be revealed in due course.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess that could be covered by the zero option.

I read in the Metro that the surprise winners of the 2007 County Championship were aiming for their 'third' victory in six years, althought it would actually be our fourth. The journalist must have suffered a fit of hysteria when he wrote that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The squad is stronger this year than last:

I would expect the 1st XI to be:

1. Hodd/Hoppo
2. Nash
3. Yardy
4. Goodwin
5. Adams
6. Prior
7. RMJ
8. Wright
9. Harris
10.Mushy
11.Lewry/Liddle

I would hope that Kirtley, Aga, Beer, RHB, Smith, Thornely and Rayner don't play much LVC cricket but it wouldn't be a problem if they were needed occasionally...

If Mushy stays fit and takes 80+ wickets at 25 then we'll win the title. Whatever happens we'll be at the top end with the quality of players and winning habits we have accumulated. The main thing is that we will be absolutely awesome to watch once again in all forms of the game and will be highly competitive in every fixture.

GOSBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Is Sid the Shark winning the Mascots' race at the 20:20 final covered by 'One if we're lucky'?
don't expect much from Sid this year - like most of our key players his best years are long behind him (cf Mushy, Goodwin, Adams, Lewry, Kirtley, etc)

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Is Sid the Shark winning the Mascots' race at the 20:20 final covered by 'One if we're lucky'?

He got held down in the ball pen at Edgbaston which blew his chance. The Kent Mascot was just a bit of plastic held around a runners neck with a ruber band.

I voted two trophys, the championship and 20/20 but your right it should be three, come on Sid, I hear the pre season training is going well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
depends on how whoever comes in for montgommery does - that and whether our bowling attack can cope without rana

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I reckon we will win the 20/20 this year, and be more of a one day team, as we havent got a squad to cope with the Championship this time out

Might prove tricky if Wright is on international duty..

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
I always thought RHB was a good CC player, no?

Still time to draft in another pace bowler, I think we will need one, especially for LVCC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here