Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many times a day do you wa k your dog?

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
What is the minimum amount of time one should walk one's dog each day? Mine get at least an hour but if I'm out and about in the woods or on the South downs they come with me. It has always seemed to me the fitter and healthier the dog the more exercise it wants. Please remember during this hot weather, please dont leave your pooch in the car on his/her own.

Fabregas4

Banned
May 13, 2009
Seeing as you left the letter out, i take it you mean wank?

And for your information, I would never wank my dog, it's just plain wrong!

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The PUG only needs about 20 mins a day as they are lazy plus their breathing (especially in hot weather) is pretty poor. I love the excitment of a hound when you get the lead out, always makes me do a LOL.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Cherry hogs (bizarrely 'official' cockney rhyming slang for 'dogs') are a nightmare, why would anyone want a pet they had to take out every day, twice a day, for fifteen odd years? I just can't believe anyone would sign up for it by choice! I'm just too lazy I guess - give me a cat lying around all day and I'll happily do my bit by lying on the carpet/bed/sofa alongside it and get my exercise through cycling and swimming, but walking a dog - no thanks.
:)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Cherry hogs (bizarrely 'official' cockney rhyming slang for 'dogs') are a nightmare, why would anyone want a pet they had to take out every day, twice a day, for fifteen odd years? I just can't believe anyone would sign up for it by choice! I'm just too lazy I guess - give me a cat lying around all day and I'll happily do my bit by lying on the carpet/bed/sofa alongside it and get my exercise through cycling and swimming, but walking a dog - no thanks.
:)

Seems to me that that the only bit of the dog that most dog walkers are keen on exercising is its bowels. On the grass, on the beach, on the pavement. Not sure which is worse really, dog owner leaving the dogshit where it is, or picking it up off the ground and putting it in an Asda carrier bag. Both appear to me to be equally disgusting. No need for dogs in towns IMHO.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
we have a doggie composter.

mrs starry mini yorkie things don't really get walked the garden is enough for them. i run five miles in the morning and the bigger ones come with me and then when the kids ride they run along side. i agree with the fitter the dog the more they want. the weim goes for milea and miles, we come home everyone else flops out and he is ready to go again after a quick drink.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ours go out twice a day, but in this weather there's no point, so just 1 free run, for as long as they can manage.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I used to walk my dog but I found out that when I wank my dog he flops over panting after 10 minutes with his dog wagging....so I thought....bargain....save your energy!!

:thumbsup:

Just got back from a very pleasant 45 minutes with the Jack Russell - his second of the day (although the first was a mere 15 minutes, which - despite the heat - he demanded, because he hates to take a dump in his own back garden).

What a superb sunset, btw.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My Jack Russell would wank all day given the chance but I dont have the energy during the week. At weekends though its a good long wank.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
More than an hour would kill a springer ????....ours would be on the go for 25 hours a day if you let him....stupid beast.

Seriiously after an hour, he is f***ed !! He cant run or walk anymore !! He starts to lie down in front of me ! I walk past him and he is still f***ed looking at me thinking 'I cant take anymore !!' He gets home and sleeps all through the night !! He is still only 16 months old aswell !!

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Forgot to say he runs about like a lunitic for the hour he is out !!

9 times out of 10 he will run down the hill of the dyke and back up again, chasing rabbits !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here