Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many ST's next season?

How many ST will we sell for next season?

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 6 3.7%

Votes: 28 17.1%

Votes: 37 22.6%

Votes: 42 25.6%

Votes: 28 17.1%

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 9 5.5%

• Total voters

Is that confirmed about 10% of your season ticket holders from last season haven't renewed? Interestingly we've announced today that our st sales are up 40% from the same period last year.

40% of shit all is still shit all.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Is that confirmed about 10% of your season ticket holders from last season haven't renewed? Interestingly we've announced today that our st sales are up 40% from the same period last year.

The actual statement posted on BBS today by the club chairman.

Last season there were 9000 season ticket holders. 2000 of these were "freebies" as we were honouring long-term Jordan deals. At this time (May) last year we'd actually sold 5000 tickets + the 2000 freebies with a further 2000 sold by the start of the season.

This season only about 1100 are freebies (850 long term deals and 250 free under 10's tickets - albeit every one sold with an adult ticket).

We have already sold 7000 tickets + the 1100 freebies with the total standing now at 8100.

We still have 3 months till the start of the season. We are 2000 up on sales on the same time last year and 1000 up on totals.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Last season there were 9000 season ticket holders. 2000 of these were "freebies" as we were honouring long-term Jordan deals. At this time (May) last year we'd actually sold 5000 tickets + the 2000 freebies with a further 2000 sold by the start of the season.

This season only about 1100 are freebies (850 long term deals and 250 free under 10's tickets - albeit every one sold with an adult ticket).

We have already sold 7000 tickets + the 1100 freebies with the total standing now at 8100.

We still have 3 months till the start of the season. We are 2000 up on sales on the same time last year and 1000 up on totals.

So basically all that has happened is that those supporters that dug deep to sort out the club on long term deals and have seen them expire have gone on to buy normal season tickets? Thats real progress. Wonder how many will actually turn up or be counted as attending anyway?

Is it just me or does Palace have the distinct aura of decline you used to feel around Leyton Orient. Its quite sad really.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
18,400 currently.

Approx 2,000 not renewing (so I'm told) The 500 figure quoted often on here is well out of date.

2,000 people on waiting list - I don't believe they ALL will want 2 - average of 1.5 tickets each? So 3,000 new STH, giving a total next year of 19,400.

We may possibly hit 20k, but I don't think they'll be many more than that.

(What do I know, I predicted average gates of £15k in our first season at The Amex!)

I had some time with the commercial team on the 11tih May, they told me they had hit the 20k mark that day. As for non renewals, very very few, and far less than 2000. Many of what they thought were non renewals were in fact just changes of bank details, whist they thought they were not renewing, the STHs were in fact cancelling the standing order (DD?) and setting up a new one from a different bank account.

They commercial team are aiming to sell out every available ST for next season, they want as few 'pay per game' fans as possible. The reason, it's a hassle.

I can only recite what was discussed in that conversation, I wasn't there on that sort of business, but the numbers and information were freely given during my visit,whilst with the senior management team.

To update this, today I had another conversation, on another matter, but had to ask how sales were going, so, as of this lunchtime;

No ST left in NS or WSU
Very few ST in WSL right at the ends, £525.
Very few ST in ESU right at the ends, £525.
Very few ST in ESL right next to the away fans, £525.
ST available in SW corner, £425
For now the intention is that the South Stand will be pay per game, but the intimation was that this is not 100% set in stone.

* I think those are the prices, doing it from memory.

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Blimey talk about clutching at straws. The whole thing has the aura of a club on a slippery slope.....bless them :smile:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
You know, I don't really care about the Palace details right now, we know when and if they get a reasonable gate that a % is/are Sth who are not actually there so the basis for derision will remain.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Blimey talk about clutching at straws. The whole thing has the aura of a club on a slippery slope.....bless them :smile:
Indeed. Chemical Ali would be proud of that press release. The truth of those figures is that they currently have a not very massive 7850 STHs that have actually paid something for their tickets. They still need to sell another 1150 to get back up to the pathetic total of paid for STs they managed last year...

Palace - MIND THE GAP... :D

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I had some time with the commercial team on the 11tih May, they told me they had hit the 20k mark that day. As for non renewals, very very few, and far less than 2000. Many of what they thought were non renewals were in fact just changes of bank details, whist they thought they were not renewing, the STHs were in fact cancelling the standing order (DD?) and setting up a new one from a different bank account.

They commercial team are aiming to sell out every available ST for next season, they want as few 'pay per game' fans as possible. The reason, it's a hassle.

I can only recite what was discussed in that conversation, I wasn't there on that sort of business, but the numbers and information were freely given during my visit,whilst with the senior management team.

To update this, today I had another conversation, on another matter, but had to ask how sales were going, so, as of this lunchtime;

No ST left in NS or WSU
Very few ST in WSL right at the ends, £525.
Very few ST in ESU right at the ends, £525.
Very few ST in ESL right next to the away fans, £525.
ST available in SW corner, £425
For now the intention is that the South Stand will be pay per game, but the intimation was that this is not 100% set in stone.

* I think those are the prices, doing it from memory.

Thanks for that - my guesstimate of between 19,400 and 20k looks miles out!

With what you have learnt, what are they hoping for? 22K?

With 2,500 away fans; 1,500 - 2,000 pay per game sales; (too optimistic?) and 1,000 no shows per game that would give us about 25k per game!! Bloody brilliant!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks for that - my guesstimate of between 19,400 and 20k looks miles out!

With what you have learnt, what are they hoping for? 22K?

With 2,500 away fans; 1,500 - 2,000 pay per game sales; (too optimistic?) and 1,000 no shows per game that would give us about 25k per game!! Bloody brilliant!!

The conversation suggested they are targetting, 23K, I don't think 'hope' is a word they used, more like, that is what we are going for, and intend to get to. Either way, 22K + will be astonishing.

I watched the local news this morning and they had a little bit about season tickets, they definitely said 20k so far. Are they talking pants?

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
according to other posters on here we hit 20k back on May 11th, club said a week or so ago there are still 3,000 more season tickets on sale so we must be aiming for 23,000 season tickets at least. 3000 away fans and that would still leave 2,000 for comps and match by match sales

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here