Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many ST's next season?

How many ST will we sell for next season?

Votes: 5 3.0%

Votes: 6 3.7%

Votes: 28 17.1%

Votes: 37 22.6%

Votes: 42 25.6%

Votes: 28 17.1%

Votes: 9 5.5%

Votes: 9 5.5%

• Total voters

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

Attachments

• palarce.png
    palarce.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 358

MP did say that the away fans would get the full allocation of 3000ish straight away and it would be slightly over the 10% for next season. My take, there will be some drop outs from last season so I am pumping for around the 21K season ticket holders 2.5K away fans on average and 1K random tickets making 24K average attendance but the thought of not dropping below 20K all season is an awesome stat to aim for.

What do you mean by a full allocation?

For league games the away allocation is the choice of the home club, as long as it is the greater of 2000 or 10%. We could just cap it at 2000......

A good example of this was the Etihad on Monday. 48000 capacity and 2500 Manu - I am guessing Manu might have been able to sell the whole 10% had it been offered!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Approx 2,000 not renewing (so I'm told) The 500 figure quoted often on here is well out of date.

Where did you get that info from, out of interest? Bit disappointing if true - can't believe that over 10% of STHs won't be renewing after such a great season.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Where did you get that info from, out of interest? Bit disappointing if true - can't believe that over 10% of STHs won't be renewing after such a great season.

The STH's who maybe only came to one game, as mentioned earlier. If we get over 20,00 STH's that would be fantastic. I like the extra seats, but not the potentail 2k empty ones at a lot games next season. I suspect the club along with NSC members have no real idea what turnouts will be next season. A good early big money signing might put more bums on seats.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Interestingly was speaking to a Millwall fan at the England game who bought his 2 lads along. They live in Eastbourne and he rarely goes to Millwall. His sons want to come to the AMEX, and he was so blown away by the facilities and his son's enjoyment, is buying 3 STH's for next season.

Can't under estimate the pulling power of the AMEX and would be great to see even more kids coming on a regular basis and forming a bigger fan base in years to come.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010

Wondering about this figure as well as it doesn't ring true. It's actually worse than 10% as 18.5K includes 1901s who are locked into 5 years. Would mean more like 12% non-renewals which I think is double what I would expect.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Wondering about this figure as well as it doesn't ring true. It's actually worse than 10% as 18.5K includes 1901s who are locked into 5 years. Would mean more like 12% non-renewals which I think is double what I would expect.

If (and it's only based upon a few comments above) the 2k non-renewals are mainly people who couldn't be bothered to turn up last season, then that's a good thing. It will hopefully allow people to get a seat who can be bothered to attend, and should reduce the % of no-shows per game.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If (and it's only based upon a few comments above) the 2k non-renewals are mainly people who couldn't be bothered to turn up last season, then that's a good thing. It will hopefully allow people to get a seat who can be bothered to attend, and should reduce the % of no-shows per game.

Some of the non renewals will be those who only turned up for a handful of games and/or were thinking of Premier League football at The Amex next season. Giving those seats to more dedicated supporters will improve the attendance figures. There will always be a churn factor caused by fans giving up ST's due to ill health , unemployment , job relocation etc etc. I only hope there will still be some seats left available to purchase on a ST basis when our house is sold with me and the missus returning to Sussex and civilisation.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I know around 15-20 lads who never had ST s before and only a casual interest in the albion up till this season. They are all renewing and as far as some of them were concerned I would have put money on them lapsing after the first season. This makes me very confident that the lapse rate will be very low.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

Approx 1,000 of sussex ManU, Arsenal & Chelsea plastics, who gave their local club a go, will now return to their remote control support of the aforementioned clubs.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
18,400 currently.

Approx 2,000 not renewing (so I'm told) The 500 figure quoted often on here is well out of date.

2,000 people on waiting list - I don't believe they ALL will want 2 - average of 1.5 tickets each? So 3,000 new STH, giving a total next year of 19,400.

We may possibly hit 20k, but I don't think they'll be many more than that.

(What do I know, I predicted average gates of £15k in our first season at The Amex!)

So was 20k about right then?

If the club are shortly to start putting them on general sale, I wouldn't have thought we would have sold that many more?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As of 11.15 today there are STs available in:

SW & SE corners £425
ESU at the extreme ends only £525
WSL at the extreme north end only £525
ESL in the block next to the away fans £525

South is likely to be kept only for pay-per-game tickets depending on the demand for STs, I got the impression that they might do some STs here if all other STs sold out.

None in the North Stand, none in the WSU.

And it's still only May 22nd!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Has the 20.5K figure come from the ticket office? is that accurate? Very impressive if true...

As of 11.15 today there are STs available in:

SW & SE corners £425
ESU at the extreme ends only £525
WSL at the extreme north end only £525
ESL in the block next to the away fans £525

South is likely to be kept only for pay-per-game tickets depending on the demand for STs, I got the impression that they might do some STs here if all other STs sold out.

None in the North Stand, none in the WSU.

And it's still only May 22nd!

I was under the impression that the SE corner was away fans? There is no way 2500 will be acomodated in 1 third of the ESL without the corner. This also makes a mockery of the south being used if we need to give 15%. Are you saying in this scenario, we would have away fans in the south end of the ESL, more in the south stand and a few hundred home fans between them in the SE corner?

One of the areas that will greatly benefit from a tic x is the family stand. All sold out, but prob has the highest number of no shows as a percentage. And probably has a large number of enquiries, due to cheap tickets.

I fully understand and support the view the the Tic X should not kick in until a sell out, but I wonder if the family stand would be made an exception?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was under the impression that the SE corner was away fans? There is no way 2500 will be acomodated in 1 third of the ESL without the corner. This also makes a mockery of the south being used if we need to give 15%. Are you saying in this scenario, we would have away fans in the south end of the ESL, more in the south stand and a few hundred home fans between them in the SE corner?

No, I was having brain freeze, the SE corner is away fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here