Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many points from our final two home games?

How many points for Albion in our final two home games

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Southampton
Huddersfield

For the Saints game, we are missing Greer but they will probably still be missing Adam Lallana who seems to make them tick. Will they rush him back, I don't think so.

For Huddersfield, Pilkington is obviously out but we'll be up to our full compliment of players.

I genuinely think we're going to beat one of these teams with ease, maybe both but will plump for FOUR points, a second ever unbeaten home season, and a BEST ever home season, points wise. :cheers: :albion: :ascarf:

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Draw against Saints and a win against Huddersfield.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
3-2 v Saints, a defensive howler from them at the death
1-1 v Hudds

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Nice to see confidence finally.

Saints couldn't beat us down there and could of lost and that was us having an off day. Play well and we will beat them no probs.

2 - 0 Saints
3 - 1 Hudds

We're f king Brilliant

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If we win both of them we will have collected over 60 points from our home games in a season. How many teams can boast that sort of total

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
you have to hope for all 6 points

the worry is obviously our lack of organisation in central defence with Greer missing. Will Barnard be fit and with or without him can we cope with Guly and Lambert (plus Chaplow who is due a goal) and Connolly? No Lallana (surely won't risk him when more winnable games are to follow) and no Oxo means they are playing a bit narrow. So maybe a start for Kish to try to disrupt their attacks.

Huddersfield pose very different problems - they won't be nearly as gung-ho and we will have Greer back but they really are a never-say-die side. Still we owe them after defeat up there so I reckon we will take all three points and ruin their long unbeaten run even if it does mean guaranteed promotion for the scc.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Huddersfield pose very different problems - they won't be nearly as gung-ho and we will have Greer back but they really are a never-say-die side. Still we owe them after defeat up there so I reckon we will take all three points and ruin their long unbeaten run even if it does mean guaranteed promotion for the scc.
But Southampton would surely take a point if offered now, whereas Huddersfield wouldn't as they need to win really.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I go into each game thinking if we play our game we can beat anyone at this level. We will be relaxed and they will both be nervous. An early goal and it could be all over - because we are going to give a team a thumping one of these days. However we do need to have our heads straight after all the celebrations.

Based on quality of player - you have to think SCC could always pull a performance out of the bag. So that is likely to be where we drop a couple of points.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I just hope that they are entertaining games, win, draw or lose.

Southampton is an interesting one, without the leadership of Greer you have to think that we'll struggle against Lambert and Barnard (if fit) and lallana (if fit), but then they struggled against Britol Rovers whose defensive record is clearly a lot worse than ours. However, Southampton will be really up for this game and may be spurred on depending on the result for Huddersfield on Friday night.

I can't choose but I'm going for a high-scoring draw.

The Huddersfield game might depend on results between now and then, if they are still with a shouting chance of 2nd place then they might want it more than us and we'll lose our unbeaten home record on the last game of the season.

So, I'm saying 1 point (Southampton D, Huddersfield L). Even though the statistics might say that is unlikely.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think now that our promotion and title win is confirmed, we can relax a bit more, which should help us. Both Southampton and Huddersfield need to win, so they will have to attack and harry us, which could/should play into our hands.

I'm going for four points.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
1, I think we will draw with hudders, playing a few youth e.t.c. and being very relaxed. I can honestly only see us losing to soton though, our defence has looked woeful without Greer at the back, who was key at keeping them out when we went to st marys, we will be under a lot of pressure and will surely concede at least once in this game.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
When interviewed Adkins seemed to think that the Barnard injury was serious and they had packed him off for X-rays . Sadly he was of the view that lallana would be fit and they rested him at the weekend to make sure if it .....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here