Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

how many people are in debt?

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Are you in debt?

I think I earn an avarage wage for brighton but am still in debt, dont have a really extravagant lifestyle
I dont think I could manage without my credit card or overdraught.

just wondered how many people were in the same boat?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Yep in debt, underpaid for what I do (currently searching for new job but its not easy at the moment, they either pay too less or want too much in exp/certs).

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
Of course i am a wife, 2 kids , house to pay for etc etc

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
im not talking mortgage, I have one of those.

I have £180 in a saving account but owe far more on
overdraft/c card

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
DEEP IN DEBT

HAVE LIVED BEYOND MY MEANS FOR SO LONG NOW

BUT WHAT THE HELL ITS ONLY MONEY,

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Willow said:
You still got that credit card swiz going on, Bozza? Moving interest free debts into high interest savings accounts?

Looked like a good idea but seemed too easy to be true.

Did have until recently when I forgot to make a payment on MBNA so they hit me with a late payment charge and started charging interest at 15.9%.

I don't think they believed me when I said I'd pay the £15k the following day if they didn't reinstate the 0% terms immediately, they refused, so I paid up and closed the account.

It's still possible to do - just make sure you don't forget a payment. Direct Debit is the way to go there.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Looks like I'm an exception then. No debts (if you exclude the impending credit card bill that is shortly to land on my doorstep, which I'll pay off in full). But then again, no wife or kids, and no mortgage, so this shouldn't really be a suprise.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Mortgage, car loan 14 months into a 2 year agreement and a credit card bill under £800 which should be cleared within 3 months (between two of us)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here