Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many of you "actually" believe we should be competing at the highest level

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
.....and also attracting high class players to the theatre of trees?

Just interested in the sites opinions on this!

:ascarf:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, been there, done that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yo yo between League One and Championship is the best we can hope for whilst at Withdean.

Once we get to Falmer I honestly see no reason why we can't follow the likes Charlton, Reading, Hull and Wigan. We are potentially as big as them if not bigger with a proper ground.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
stats show that we are a championship club,but sadly we have gone right down the pan in the last 20 odd years:)

surely good times are near???

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
what a ridiculous thread, I dont think there's anyone who thinks we should be competing at the highest level

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
stats show that we are a championship club,but sadly we have gone right down the pan in the last 20 odd years:)

surely good times are near???

Stats actually show we are a tier 3 or 4 club, who have flirted for very few seasons above that level I think you'll find

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Stats actually show we are a tier 3 or 4 club, who have flirted for very few seasons above that level I think you'll find
actually we was the 42nd biggest club in the country meaning 2nd tier football,sadly due to a massive calapse in recent years and the rise of many smaller clubs we have dropped super fast.:glare:

Always been a third division (south) side really. Or for you youngsters where we are now except we have to go up north.

Also for you youngsters, we actually always were in the third division (south) in that we were founder members in 1921 and stayed there until we won the damn thing at the final attempt in 1958. Still, not as frustrating as for Plymouth who managed to finish runners-up six seasons running.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Giraffe, I got as far as once we are at Falmer..............,there was no point in reading on, are you the last person on the planet that has not heard of the Credit Crunch and the resulting attitude of Banks regarding loans?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Giraffe, I got as far as once we are at Falmer..............,there was no point in reading on, are you the last person on the planet that has not heard of the Credit Crunch and the resulting attitude of Banks regarding loans?

You really are a prize ignorant twat aren't you!!

The council WOULD NOT have handed over the land for the stadium without seeing the business plan and that HAS TO INCLUDE PROOF OF THE FINANCE :tosser:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Perchance to dream,ile cling on to what hull acheived,if i didnt at least think we could make match of the day highlights at some stage b4 i pop my socks then frankly whats the point :thumbsup:

The Government has ploughed billions into the banks precisely so that job-creating projects like this can go ahead unhindered. So are you saying the banks will refuse to lend this money and that we can't take advantage of the new low base rate?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
So about 84 seasons below that level, I rest my case :falmer:
Exactly. In historical terms we are a third tier club, i.e we're currently where we 'should' be. It's worth noting that we were a third division club for years even when we had our own ground and bigger crowds. The amazing thing is that we've achieved so much at Withdean, with the Falmer battle as well, when we achieved so (relatively) little at the Goldstone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here