Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many new players do we need to stay up?

How many new signings do we need to stay up?

• 0 - our squad is already good enough to stay up

Votes: 2 6.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 15.2%

Votes: 16 48.5%

Votes: 1 3.0%

Votes: 3 9.1%

• 11 - a whole new starting XI needed

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was just about to do this one myself Trigger...great minds eh?

It would be nice if we got some new players and would certainly make life easier, but I do not think we need any new players in order to survive.

McGhee has the current squad playing well and they are hard to beat, something that we could have done with being in the home games against Walsall, Stoke, Grimsby et al last time we went up. The current squad will not set the league alight but it will survive. Reasons?

1. Our main striker was injured for a large part of the season last time we went up, I think we only got one point (away at ipswich) in games Zamora did not play in. Knight will hopefulyl stay fit and score a few goals. if Zamora had stayed fit we would not have gone down.

2. Our manager is better and is not going to ever lose 14 games in a row. He also gets the best out of his players and has them playing together as unit, and in many cases, above their ability. If he continues to get this out of them we will stay up.

3. Withdean will be a fortress and good home form will be enough to stay up.

4.There are shit teams like Rotherham, Gillingham and Stoke in the league who will come below us.

5.It is about time we had a boring season.

6.Last time we went up signing Simon Roger was a great boost to our midfield and made us look much better. Had he arrived sooner I think we would have been ok. He will be fit and hopefully he can refind the form he showed then.

Need any more reasons?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would go for 4, possibly one new defender, two midfielders and a striker.

What we also need is for a couple of the players already at the club to really turn it around like Guy Butters did last season, Kerry Mayo kept improving as we moved up the leagues and despite annual managerial changes, we need a couple more with his dedication and determination.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
MM says we need 4... I agree with him, so... 4 it is...

Going in with no additions to the squad means relegation very much on the cards IMHO...

1 central defender
1 creative central midfielder
1 winger
1 striker

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
6 , no reason other then to have a bit of a deeper squad

it'll be nice if some of them had premier/divison 1 (or championship blah,blah,blah ) quality

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
4 - preferably starters that have proven quality

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
b.w.2. said:
MM says we need 4... I agree with him, so... 4 it is...

Going in with no additions to the squad means relegation very much on the cards IMHO...

1 central defender
1 creative central midfielder
1 winger
1 striker
couldn't have put it better myself

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
a big centre-half with a bit of pace
creative, goalscoring midfielder
tricky winger who can actually beat a full-back
another striker

that'd give us a fighting chance but we'll still find it hard going. i can't see us signing more than two of the above, with the rest being loan signings like sidwell/yeates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here