Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many have read (the great premium bond swizzle?)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I have read these posts 3 times and I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Basically a novel about our cup run was released around the time of leaving Gillingham/coming back to withers called "The Great Premium Bond Swizzle"

However lets be honest that title is a bit shit so it was renamed "And Smith Must Score"

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Basically a novel about our cup run was released around the time of leaving Gillingham/coming back to withers called "The Great Premium Bond Swizzle"

However lets be honest that title is a bit shit so it was renamed "And Smith Must Score"

Thanks for the translation into English.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh and in answer to the question. No I have not read either.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
What was this SWIZZLE?

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House

Actually it came out whilst we were still at the Goldstone when it was called 'The Great etc...'

It was renamed with a new cover (which was a reproduction of the cup final programme) when, or around, the Gillingham / Withdean move time thing.

Its a kids book.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Actually it came out whilst we were still at the Goldstone when it was called 'The Great etc...'

It was renamed with a new cover (which was a reproduction of the cup final programme) when, or around, the Gillingham / Withdean move time thing.

You are of course correct. The Goldstone was a long time ago now :)

hayden

Sep 17, 2012
"And Smith Must Score..."

Hey, I just got onto this thread. Peter Hayden - I wrote 'And Smith Must Score' and yes it did start life under the crap Premium Bond title, because it involved a scam on the Premium Bonds to fund the character's tickets for the Cup games in '83. I still have a copy of the original signed by Jimmy Case and Steve Foster. Fozzie wrote 'a great book', very generous as he hadn't read it.
It got good reviews in the fanzines; 'A football supporter's dream of a book' (Middlesbro), 'Highly recommended, even for us dour northerners' (Derby) and was an Observer summer read. Can still be got on Amazon, signed if you select the Crazy Horse Press seller.
Cheers, Peter Hayden.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hey, I just got onto this thread. Peter Hayden - I wrote 'And Smith Must Score' and yes it did start life under the crap Premium Bond title, because it involved a scam on the Premium Bonds to fund the character's tickets for the Cup games in '83. I still have a copy of the original signed by Jimmy Case and Steve Foster. Fozzie wrote 'a great book', very generous as he hadn't read it.
It got good reviews in the fanzines; 'A football supporter's dream of a book' (Middlesbro), 'Highly recommended, even for us dour northerners' (Derby) and was an Observer summer read. Can still be got on Amazon, signed if you select the Crazy Horse Press seller.
Cheers, Peter Hayden.

And Smith Must Score....: Amazon.co.uk: Peter Hayden: Books

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ordered! Unfortunately I don't think you will be able to retire just yet Peter.
:thumbsup:

hayden

Sep 17, 2012
And Smith Must Score

Hey Skipper - I dispatched your copy to the badlands of Hampshire. The Saints fanzine 'Red Stripe' (don't know if it's still going) said 'Blends the dissective observations of an older Adrian Mole with the passionate musings of a footie fanatic.. A great family read', they obviously have a classier kind of fan there.
Hope you enjoy it. Peter H.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here