Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many false alarms about Falmer will be posted?

How many false alarms about the Falmer verdict

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 4.8%

Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 1 2.4%

• More

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Over the next few weeks we are expected to get the news about Falmer.

How many 'The answer is yes' or 'It's no' will be posted by someone who knows a journalist or knows someone at the club?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We'll have boat loads of them. Remember all the rumours during that week about Coppell staying/going? Or those few days when Leon Knight was deciding whether he'll sign for Brighton or QPR? I think that this will be even worst, since it is a far, far more important topic.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Good thread - I have gone for the maximum. I reckon it will be 20 or more.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm going for 47.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I know a journalist, or maybe someone at the club, and the answer is...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone seen to be posting foundless lies and speculation whilst presenting it as fact on this subject should be stripped naked, smothered from head to toe in treacle, rolled in Maryland Cookie crumbs, and strung up beneath the Palace Pier for the seagulls to pick their stinking carcass to a raw and bloodied pulp in a sustained, frenzied feeding attack.

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
about ... 17

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Okay then...who will be the first person to post when the Yes verdict does come in? And will we believe them!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've got the treacle & Maryland Cookie crumbs ready for you Easy 10.:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Downloaded Penguin said:
Okay then...who will be the first person to post when the Yes verdict does come in? And will we believe them!

To be honest DP, I won't believe it until I see the foundations being dug!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Everest said:
I've got the treacle & Maryland Cookie crumbs ready for you Easy 10.:lolol:
Well keep hold of them in case they're not needed in the end.
There may be..........other occasions.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Everest said:
I know a journalist

This is by no means a dig at you, Everest, cos I know you're only extracting the urine. But it dicks me off when I hear people say: "I know someone who works at Reuters, and apparently..." or "According to my mate who's a journalist..."

If the journalist in question were any good, or indeed real, they would surely have REPORTED the story somewhere...

Harrumph.

Me? I'll only believe it when I see it on http://www.odpm.gov.uk/pns/newslist.cgi

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
13/14

1 with a link to a story saying yes that we all believe,

i'll post it proper first , but get ignored only for relient to say it half an hour later

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reliant said:
are you saying i'm slow?

:dunce:
no i'm just saying you'll get on this site at a later time then me !

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
thousands, infact by the 15th there wil be a poll to decide if people want a seprate Forum for all the Falmer related threads/rumours!

One thing is guaranteed (I reckon anyway) is that when the decision is made NSC will grind to a halt as we get the most visitors EVER, probably even double the record!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
This is by no means a dig at you, Everest, cos I know you're only extracting the urine. But it dicks me off when I hear people say: "I know someone who works at Reuters, and apparently..." or "According to my mate who's a journalist..."

If the journalist in question were any good, or indeed real, they would surely have REPORTED the story somewhere...

Not necesarily. There are plenty of stories where journos are 99% certain but won't print for various reasons, usually because of libel concerns but sometimes because they've been handed an exclusive and are sitting (and sweating) on it.

I agree that with Falmer the libel consideration probably won't apply but it's just possible that a hack gets the story from a politician in advance and mouths off about if before it becomes official. True, it's not very likely but I won't say that it's impossible.

Oh, and I reckon there'll be more than 20 false rumours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here