Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many bottles of Wine a week do you drink ?.

How many bottles of wine do you drink a week ?.

• 0 - I am teetotal

Votes: 24 35.3%

Votes: 8 11.8%

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 10 14.7%

Votes: 6 8.8%

Votes: 5 7.4%

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Over 6 - state how many

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How many bottles of Wine a week do you drink. How much is good for your health and when does it become harmful ?.

Stressed middle aged professional in middle England are renowned for consmuimg Lakes of Red Wine. They did a documentary a while back on 3 professional working people and they drank between 8-11 bottles a week, 80 - 100 units.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
George Best at his peak was consuming 6 bottles of wine a day.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I drink 4 bottles a week on average with a few Whiskies thrown in and the odd beer session now and again. 45 units a week which I know is too much but it makes life more bearable doesn't it !.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
George Best at his peak was consuming 6 bottles of wine a day.

f***, thats a lot, if I had one I would be sucking off Mark McGhee I would be that comatose.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gazza reackons some days he drank 4 bottles of whisky but the jury is out on that one as he would have died of alcohol poisoning.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wife and I share a bottle of red most nights, sometimes start a second.

Trying to cut down at the moment, but there are certainly mixed messages about what's dangerous. Or rather, the same message seems to cover the weekend falling over binge, and the civilised half a bottle in front of the TV. Which is more harmful? Depends on the short term or long term effects.

What makes it difficult is the strength of the wine - some is 1.8 units per glass, and decent white wine isn't much "better". Soon well over 21 units, but I've never been near 80-100 a week!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Red Wine has anti oxidents which is very good news. Churchill sank bottles of Port every night and Cigars and lived to 82. He once said " I took more out of alcohol than alcohol ever took out of me ".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I consumed a bottle of Red Sunday and then read it has 14% as most decent reds do. 10.1 units :eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'll generally open a bottle of red on a Friday night and there'll still be half left, or a bit less, for Saturday night.

I have a few beers in between as well though. Don't generally drink wine during the week.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another statistic is the Russian Men drink a pint of Vodka a day on average. They drinbk it with most meals and have toasts during the day when they down a shot and say Prost or whatever it is. Thats about 120 units a week. The Town where they did the surevy reported that Men lived to 58 on average though.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Its a decent quote isn't it and one I try and live up to every day.

Inspirational and aspirational, and a bloody good excuse. Mind you, he had some funny ideas about exercise, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here