Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many away grounds?

Following on from the how many games thread, it's been a while since we had a how many grounds thread. Here are the rules so we can find a winner!

A ground is counted if it was a league ground at the time the game was played. So you can have Aldershot and Hereford when they were in the league and a maximum of 3 for Bristol Rovers (Eastville, Twerton Park, Whatever that weird ground now is called), 3 for Charlton (The Valley, Selhurst Park, Upton Park) but no duplicates. So you can't have Upton Park for both West Ham and Charlton. The games don't have to have been against the Albion. And to give myself another point :blush: - the game doesn't have to be between league teams. (I watched Barry Town play in the European Cup at Ninian Park!). As long as it was a league ground when you watched a game there.

Not sure what the maximum is - must be about 110-120 if not more with teams like Derby, Leicester, Scunthorpe, Walsall and friends all have shiny new stadia within the last 10 years or so. And with the Herefords, Aldershots, Halifaxs et al going out of the league.

I'll try and work mine out later as I've got to drive to Ipswich now but I think it will be around 55. How many 92 club members have we got on this board and what's your score under the Cornholio Rules? Over 100 is going to be very impressive!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
42 league grounds (43 if you count the Goldstone and Withdean)
8 Non league grounds watching the Albion (Cup, Friendlies etc)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
er, sorry, 44 if you count the Goldstone & Withdean, I know they're not away grounds but I didn't read the thread title properly.:dunce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Crikey

Goldstone
Withdean
Priestfield
Anfield
Old Trafford
Dean Court
Ashton Gate
Meadow Lane
County Ground (Forest)
Gay Meadow
Brisbane Road
Smellhurst
Loftus Road
Millenium Stadium
Twerton Park
That ground Brizzie Rovers played at in Bath
Pride Park
Elm Park
Walsall (?)
Scunny (?)
Villa Park
Carrow Road
Underhill
Fratton Park
Brittania Stadium
Olympic Stadium (Rome, Forza Lazio)

Sudbury
Kingstonian
Canvey Island

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
stanford bridge, wembley, anfield, brisbane road , withdean ! (5)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
79 for me (60 current away grounds).

Off the top my head, I reckon the max is 124, but that assumes that you're old enough to have seen Accrington Stanley and Gateshead.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
54, not much chance of adding to it for a while:(

Can I join your fan clubs TGC? To support my application a friend of mine has a photo of me with my sweatshirt over my head and arms dangling, in a Greek cocktail bar in Katoomba NSW shouting "My bunghole, it goes racacaca, racacaca". Though the shouting wasn't captured too well on the JPG.

(Edited because I forgot about Exeter - I'll be drummed out of club anorak for that)

Last edited:

Guinness Boy said:
53, not much chance of adding to it for a while:(

Can I join your fan clubs TGC? To support my application a friend of mine has a photo of me with my sweatshirt over my head and arms dangling, in a Greek cocktail bar in Katoomba NSW shouting "My bunghole, it goes racacaca, racacaca". Though the shouting wasn't captured too well on the JPG.

Feel free! :) That will make 2 of us. The Episode Vaya Con Cornholio got me and my mate through a 2 month IT rollout last year. The avi was played to death to keep us sane. Thirsty Beavis?

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
I'm sad enough to keep a count of all this

For watching the Albion:

Current grounds 58
Grounds no longer in use 12

Former league teams 6

Competitive match on non-league ground 1

Plus Wembley

Gives a total of 78

There are people who've been going for a few years who've seen us at the likes of Southport, Workington and Barrow.

Last edited:

Mad Gerald

Jul 17, 2003
By these rules I've done 94 grounds that were league at the time (7 are now non-league and 8 of these are previous grounds).

That means I've done 79 of the current league teams grounds.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN

49 if you are including other countries

Easter Road- Hibernian

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
eeerrr...2, Old Trafford and Bolotons old ground :nono:

Although Plymouth next week and hopefully quite a few more this season :)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Great Cornholio said:
Feel free! :) That will make 2 of us. The Episode Vaya Con Cornholio got me and my mate through a 2 month IT rollout last year. The avi was played to death to keep us sane. Thirsty Beavis?

LOL :lolol:

The photo was as a result of the stress relief playing the various wav files at top volume from that eposide during a not so hot period in an IT project in Sydney.

The bloke who sent them to me used to kick box with his t-shirt over his head.

Last edited:

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
This is poor but, Underhill, Selhurst Park, Portman Road, Madejski Stadium, Blundell Park, AOL Arena (Hamburg) (also been to the Broadfield Stadium).

7!:blush:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Wembley
The Hawthorns
Fellows Park
The Victoria Ground (Stoke)
St Andrews
Vale Park
The Madjeski Stadium