Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many away games have you seen Albion play from the home end?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Away at Birmingham, when we drew 3-3. We were 2-0 down, went 3-2 up. The home fans were really screaming at Ricky Otto. Peter Smith just took the piss out of him that afternoon.

Bristol Rovers at Bath (twice - somehow)

Charlton (at Upton Park) v Brighton. Garry Nelson scored after 50 seconds for Charlton and we just laughed our heads off. The steward wanted to move us, even tough we were in the main stand, and the only fans in the entire block.

Away at Bournemouth this season. Bunch of whingers.

Away at Wycombe this season. Ended up with OGH's sandwiches when he went back onto the pitch to hold the banners. Stood next to Dick Knight when us lot we singing 'there's only one Dick Knight'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
All in the Mullery era.

Away at Palace in the FA Cup First Round Replay. Standing. Wasn't that bad. Third Division (the one we are in now).

Away at Spurs. Standing in front of the Shelf. Scary. Only time I've been happy with a 0 0 draw. 48,000 Second Division.

Away at Man U, Man City and Forest first season in first division. All seating. No problems.

The Spurs game was the only game where the home fans didn't know who we supported.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
OOPs nearly forgot Portsmouth. Second Division. Lost 1-0. Horton missed a penalty. There were thousands of Brighton fans in the same side. Not a comfortable day!!:eek:

1984 Portsmouth away lost 1-5 oh my god, who's that playing centre half for us, looks like Willie Young......christ almighty, it IS Willy Young

1991 Oldham away lost 1-6 - got to the ground as the teams are coming out - been here before, think I know where the away end is, bundle my way through the tusnstile ignoring request for membership card (thought it was a bit strange, but didn't want to miss kick off) come to the top of the Rochdale Road end - f%%%%%%ck meeeeeee we' seem to have brought about 8,000 - why are they are all wearing their old cup final caps - ohhhhhh shit

2002 Colchester away won 3-1 very funny, especialy sitting in the main stand close to several exceedingly pissed off CU fans

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At Goodison Park when we lost 4-3 about 1980. I cheered for Brighton and the Scousers were OK, if a bit patronising.

Wolves in 1984 when we won 1-0 (Eric Young). Was going out with a girlfriend who was a Wolves supporter.

Cambridge Utd, the year we stayed in the league, although the cops led us to the right end halfway through the first-half, drew 1-1 of course.

And last season when we beat Reading and I was in the hospitality boxes.

Not a bad record actually and Wolves was the only dodgy place.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Liverpool in FA Cup 1991

The Hereford game

Hated every minute of watching all the Albion fans going mental. And me trying not to show myself up and therefore getting beaten up.

There were some Brighton fans pulled out of the crowd at Hereford and they weren't left unshaken by their experiences.

:nono:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
When i was a kid my old man ad a habit of making me stand in home ends at away games so he could get a better view remember doing it at plymouth,hull,pompey but the only time iv done it since was the southend game when micky took the FDM of at half time and david lee scored a 25 yarder! hard 2 belive its the same bloke

plymouth nige

plymouth nige
Oct 21, 2003
plymouth
Bristol Rovers at Bath and we lost 3-0
Hereford for that match in the home end for whole game, I went with a mate who suppported Hereford, I pooed myself for 90 mins and very nearly gave myself away when we scored - I also went into their supporters club bar afterwards having a beer and trying not to beam all the time when all around you are v unhappy is a very difficult thing to do!
Year before last at Reading
Last year at Gillingham
Also in the mid 80's for a first game of the season at Carlisle which we won 3-0
wcnige

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
I was in the home end for hereford - absolutely awful when they scored, had to at least stand up, then sit down looking gutted when we scored, utter torture - I'm ashamed to say I left five minutes early, I couldn't take it any more, just wandering around outside the ground hoping not to hear a cheer, then hearing five live go 'It's finished Hereford 1 ... '

I was a little relieved

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
i saw pompey brighton last season at fratton park with the pompey scummers! my bird and her family are pompey :(

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Me and Arthur watched the second half at Hartlepool from the home end a couple of years ago after being asked to leave the away end for being drunk. We just walked outside, had another pint in the pub outside then straight back in the home end!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
Sounds like you Tim.

Northampton (old ground), Torquay, and Leyton Orient away.

All a few years ago now.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Man U terrace in 1979. Arrived too late to find visitors entrance, just dived into nearest gate.

Clapped politely every time our gk caught the ball, hoping that it sounded as though I was applauding the attack.

I'm not sure I was very convincing, but survived!

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
St James'Park, Newcastle - Tuesday night in January back in the early 90's. Stayed with a mate of mine and his Geordie missus - it was very cold and very wet so we decided to sit in the fairly new 'posh' Milburn stand.

After about 30 seconds, the flag went up when the Newcastle player was about 10 yards offside and a fist attached to a very big arm whistled past my head as the owner was abusing the linesman.

I kept very quiet for 90 minutes as this big bastard behind got more and more agitated. Nearly blew it with 10 minutes to go when we nearly scored. Wished I was with the very small band of Albion fans getting wet in the corner of the ground.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
When I was young and stupid I watched the Albion lose 3-2 from the Cold Blow Lane end at The Den.Not a pleasant experience.I've also watched games from the Home end/side at Leyton Orient,Sunderland,Luton,Mansfield,Plymouth and Bury

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Buzza said:

Away at Spurs. Standing in front of the Shelf. Scary. Only time I've been happy with a 0 0 draw. 48,000 Second Division.

I was at that one - but in the relative safety of the seats. About that time I also saw us at the Hawthorns but can't recall the score - may have been a draw.

More recently I was on the terrace at Colchester when we won 4-1 to push on towards the championship - not easy keeping quiet when the boys score 4! I was near where Cullip smashed the ball into the fans at point blank range - not clever. I think I actually gave myself away by yelling "Hand Ball!" when one of the U's players handled it.

The best part of being away from the Albion fans is seeing and hearing how excellent they are from the home perspective!

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Just the one, at Boothery Park Hull, (happens to be Dave Camerons useless game, to be fair the whole team on the day were useless, Hull were cack and thankfully due to woefull finishing saw us lose only 2 - 0)

Anyway I was at uni there at the time and went with a bunch of lercals and took advantage of the NUS discount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here