Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many away games have you seen Albion play from the home end?

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
For me it is only one.

York Vs Brighton. Lovely city, great fans. Wished us all the best for our trip home after a dire 0-0 draw.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Bizarrely, I saw a Brighton vs Crystal Palace friendly at the Goldstone Ground in about 1995 from the away terrace!!!! Won't bore you with the reasons why, but it was a bit wierd to say the least, especially when all the North Stand were chanting "scum, scum, scum" at us!!!!!

Also Reading away season before last (but I was probably one of hundreds that afternoon). Again a strange experience, having to keep quiet when we were attacking, and not going mad when Harty "scored"!!!!

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
2 forest last year 3-2 defeat Reading year before

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Two.

Bristol Rovers at Bath because there were no concessions for the away end and it only cost us 4 quid to get in the home end as opposed to 16 to get in the brighton end. It was rubbish,

Notts Forest last season, got to see the infamous 'mexican wave' from the Brian Clough Stand. Very impressive ground and sitting high up in the main stand gave a blinding view. Proper stadium that.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Dunno ... but by far the best was in 1981 when I went to watch us play Barnsley in the Cup at Oakwell and I stood with three Tyke friends at the home end with my blue and white scarf tucked inside my jacket.
Then bugger it ... we scored in the first five minutes and I lept about like a loopy shouting things like "yeah" "f***ing brilliant" etc etc. I was jumped on by my said mates and told to "shut the feck up". I remember getting punch in the back from someone but survived due mainly to the fact that they stuffed us 4-1!

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Wycombe away, last season or season before
Rushden & Diamonds this season, hospitality box
Northampton away
Leicester away last season when they got promoted

All of them awful experiences..........:angry:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Gillingham, at the back of the new main stand that we paid for, last year. The locals were vegetative and stank, and, close up, Paul Scally looked like he was deprived of oxygen at birth.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Best ones were in Div 3 a few years back

Barnet where we won 1-0 thanks to Hart, just walked up to the steward with the dwaynester and said we're Brighton fans can we go into the away end, rather than being chucked out he just ushered us through, great stuff

Also in the 2-0 win at Orient, watched first half in the Orient end, then asked stewards if we could get into the Albion following and were waved through.

Was one of many who watched Hartys disallowed strike at Reading in home end, and was in the Bournemouth end for this seasons dross, plus the 1-1 draw from 2 years ago, and the Colchester end for this seasons dire match too. Hate having to endure games when u cant sing and shout

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Just one. Bury away in the Divison 2 championship season. Managed to keep quiet for most of the game, but when Bobby scored that lob, I lost it. To be fair, the area we were in wasn't at all full, and the Bury fans there did nothing but congratulate him on the goal, apart from moaning that he shouldn't be in the 2nd division in the first place...

Last edited:

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Leicester away in about 90/91ish. Terrible, we got stuffed 3-0. We had freinds who were Leicester fans who got us the tickets. Needless to say, the next year we bought our own in the away end!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Never away, but had to watch the Liverpool cup replay at the Goldstone (the one we lost 3-2 in extra time) amongst the Scousers. Wasn't able to get a home ticket in time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth away this year and Brentford two years ago. F*ing depressing on both occasions.

Hereford away for THAT game :eek: having phoned about being transferred and being told we'd be evicted if we tried it, we sat in with the home fans until 5 mins before kick off. At this stage the 4 of us decided it would be better to be evicted than stay with the Hereford fans for the game. Fortunately they let us, and quite a few others transfer.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Home matches:
I stood with a Sunderland supporting mate in the away corner at the Goldstone in 81/82. Strange standing next to the North Stand

Away matches
- The home terrace at Upton Park in 78/79
- The home end at the Den in our 3-0 defeat in 90/91..keeping extremely quiet
- The home end at Cambridge in 96/97
- The home seats at Orient in 2000/1
- The home seats at Brentford in 2001/2

I never have any problem not cheering when we score as being a natural pessimist I can always convince myself that we will concede a goal within seconds of the restart. The problem is trying to look happy when we concede and polite applause is a dead giveaway.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Never watched a game from an opposing end, but have been bizarrely "under attack" from Brighton.

At the Aldershot cup game a couple of years ago, I went with an Aldershot supporting mate, who took me to The Shots pub which I was in when a load of Brighton turned up outside and it went off big time. Quite strange being in a another clubs pub whilst being attacked by your own!

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Three:

V Orient when Shilton made his 1 millionth appearance.

V Brentford in the LDV on the coldest night in history and we lost on penalties.

V Bournemouth this season.

It appears we don't have a good record when I'm in the home end :rolleyes:

For that matter I have a terrible away record and on 10 without a win at the moment :( :dunce:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
pasty said:
Never watched a game from an opposing end, but have been bizarrely "under attack" from Brighton.

At the Aldershot cup game a couple of years ago, I went with an Aldershot supporting mate, who took me to The Shots pub which I was in when a load of Brighton turned up outside and it went off big time. Quite strange being in a another clubs pub whilst being attacked by your own!

Same thing happened to me in a Reading pub about 10 years ago!! Very strange, especially as it was the last game of the season and some of the Albion lads were in fancy dress:ohmy:

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
Never sat in the home end, but watched us beat Newcastle at St James' from the away seats, which weren't segregated from the home ones, meaning I had Toon fans in the row behind me and all along the row to my left.

This didn't stop me going loudly mental when Mark Gall stuck the winner away, with the consequence that a friendly local shouted abuse at me, took my Albion hat off my head, gobbed in it and put it back. Nice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here