Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many ALBION fans have been going to Withdean this season?

For the first time, the Stoke City matchday programme gave details of the away support that has turned up at Withdean this season.

This enables a simple calculation to be done to come up with the HOME support at each game.

These are the figures:-

Tue 10 Aug Plymouth 5919
Sat 14 Aug Coventry 5624
Tue 24 Aug Bristol R (Lg Cup) 4036
Sat 28 Aug Preston 5615
Tue 14 Sep Wolves 6063
Sat 18 Sep QPR 5865
Sat 2 Oct Sheff Utd 5738
Tue 19 Oct Cardiff 5848
Sat 23 Oct Leeds 5999
Sat 6 Nov Crewe 5872
Sat 20 Nov Burnley 5583
Sat 4 Dec Rotherham 5881

MAXIMUM (LEAGUE GAME) 6063
MINIMUM (LEAGUE GAME) 5583
AVERAGE (LEAGUE GAME) 5819

Assuming that the home capacity is about 6,200, this shows that we sell all but about 380 seats on average. The worst attended game had about 600 empty seats in the home end. And the best attended game had about 140 empty home seats.

Some people seem to have got hold of the idea that there are about 1,000 Brighton supporters staying away from every game. Not so, I think.

Last edited:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
is the drop in attendences because in championship we gave away fans higher allocation?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lord Bracknell said:
For the first time, the Stoke City matchday programme gave details of the away support that has turned up at Withdean this season.

This enables a simple calculation to be done to come up with the HOME support at each game.

These are the figures:-

Sat 4 Dec Rotherham 5881

That's me, that is. :)

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Bobby's Gull said:
Not surprised Burnley was the lowest attendence so far, that was a bloody cold day!

Lightweight!

I was there in my vest, shorts & sandals.

I'm double hard, me!

:lolol:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Eddie the Seagull said:
Lightweight!

I was there in my vest, shorts & sandals.

I'm double hard, me!

:lolol:

Says the guy who turned on satdi wearing two pairs of jeans waterproof trousers, thermal undies that mummee bought you last year for Christmas and a flask and blanket packed in your rucksack!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
We get more people along when we play League games on Tuesdays (5,943 home supporters on average) than we do on Saturdays (5,772 average).

Evenings are easier for continental shift workers like Ned who works 7-7 on a 4 days on and 4 days off rota.
When he's working on Saturdays we usually try and get his ticket to a mate but then as a season ticket holder the club already has his money.
His attendance doesn't count as he didn't physically pass through the turnstile.
Attendances and income are not necessarily the same thing.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
All Brighton fans that turn up to every game need to praised. Its so rubbish at the Withdean and we've hardly been scoring any goals.
Well done all you loyal home fans.
I live in London, so tend to go to more away games, which means sitting in nice stadiums, with an atmosphere and you can park nearby - to be honest its the easier option.
I'm surprised there aren't more empty seats at home - good work.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I'd be interested to know how many season ticket holders attend every single game. I've got a feeling that there is a certain amount of fans who have bought season tickets to ensure that they can go when they want to. I suspect that these people may miss some games against shit opposition or when it's raining etc.

What I'm trying to say is that there must be several empty seats at most games which have been paid for but the "owner" of that seat didn't want to go for some reason.

I'd like to know how many tickets are actually unsold and available for general sale, rather than the amount of fans through the turnstile.

D

Deleted User X18H

Ok try this scenario pretend I am am a nimby sitting with John Prescott and any one of you JP ' Why do you need a new 22,000 seater stadium ' Nscer ' because Withdean is too small' Nimby but it only holds around 7000 and you never fill it so can't see the point of a new staduim.

Solution lets all of us on NSC work to sure every remaining home game is a sell out.

Last edited:

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
the club site says the capicity is 7000 so this why people think we have so many spare seats.from your averages they are proved right but many might be from empty s/t holder seats?
still a lot of avaliable seats.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Kent Seagull said:
I'd be interested to know how many season ticket holders attend every single game. I've got a feeling that there is a certain amount of fans who have bought season tickets to ensure that they can go when they want to. I suspect that these people may miss some games against shit opposition or when it's raining etc.

What I'm trying to say is that there must be several empty seats at most games which have been paid for but the "owner" of that seat didn't want to go for some reason.

I'd like to know how many tickets are actually unsold and available for general sale, rather than the amount of fans through the turnstile.

There is a couple who sit next to me who bought two season tickets and so far this season they have been to 4 games, they have sold their tickets twice and they have been empty the rest of the time. Whats the point of that. Still I guess at least the seat is sold so the club get the money anyway.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
When I cant go to withdean and nobody wants to buy my tickets I give my seats to friends/family and if they dont want them my cat and dog go.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The ground will never be completely filled for every game. It will always be the case that some season ticket holders can't make every single game, I myself have missed two home games this season, and the chap and his son who sit next to me generally miss the start of the season, and Christmas and Easter games due to holidays.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here