Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long would it have taken the ticket office to resolve a Man Utd away fixture?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It strikes me that sorting out these 5000 tickets has taken an age.

How long would it have taken to sort out a proper 'glamour' tie? 15% of 75,000 is over 11,000 tickets...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
At the risk of hitting new depths of tedious banging on (even by my standards), this is another reason why the points system would pay off.

If the club knew they were getting 11,000 tickets, they could issue ticketing instructions based on how many points people had.

So if 11,000 people had over (say) 10 points, they would advise only people with that many points or more to apply. Then they wouldn't be inundated with doomed applications and less people would be shocked to miss out.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
:lolol:

I'm worried how they are going to sort out the 'replay' at Withdean if that eventuality comes around.

Easiest thing would be, west ham stubs get priority. then a free for all.

clippedgull said:

I'm worried how they are going to sort out the 'replay' at Withdean if that eventuality comes around.

What? And ensure that Beach Hut fails to get a ticket two matches running?

We might as well shut NSC down now.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
clippedgull said:

No, it will be equally as messy as season ticket holders are surely entitled to their usual seats for the game, followed by non-season ticket holders with West Ham stubs and the evryone lse in a free-for-all?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lord Bracknell said:
What? And ensure that Beach Hut fails to get a ticket two matches running?

We might as well shut NSC down now.

Quite right - don't piss me off twice

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
227 BHA said:
No, it will be equally as messy as season ticket holders are surely entitled to their usual seats for the game, followed by non-season ticket holders with West Ham stubs and the evryone lse in a free-for-all?

yes, upon reflection, that probably seems fairer :)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
For any home replay it has to be Season Ticket holders, then people with the stubs for both FA Cup games at home this season, then 1 stub for either round. If there are any remaining tickets then they can be on general sale.

Having a West Ham ticket stub shouldn't give you priority for a home game.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think there would be less demand to be honest.

When you factor in travel and the likelihood that the game would be chosen as one of the Live Games for the round.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Get a REAL big club and the REALLY strange people come out of the woodwork; the woman who always buys a season ticket to keep an empty seat in memory of her dead husband; the vicar of Buxted, with a strange home-knitted scarf who apparently hasn't missed a game in forty years, yet who nobody can QUITE recall ever having seen at a game; the bloke who's flown over specially from Woolawoolagonga etc. etc. And every last one of 'em writing to the Argus demanding tickets.

DESTROYYYYYYYYY! :flameboun

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
chez said:
Well, you could have counted me out of a Man Utd game. Wouldnt pay good money to watch them chumps ever! :angry:

but you would turn down a chance to f***ing rub those ****s faces in it when we STUFF them ? personally the thought of 65,000 gutted red shits fills me with so much joy i would pay any price for! make my f***ing life :)

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Braders said:
but you would turn down a chance to f***ing rub those ****s faces in it when we STUFF them ? personally the thought of 65,000 gutted red shits fills me with so much joy i would pay any price for! make my f***ing life :)

If I knew the result and we had won then I'd pay any price to watch a re run on TV !!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
but if you knew the score then you'd miss THAT look of shock and embarrasment of the wankers whos local side (yet travelled from Portsmouth to watch it) when Revelldinho scores a beaut against the supposed best keeper in the premiership

that adds at least another 30 or 40 quid onto the price for me.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Braders said:
but if you knew the score then you'd miss THAT look of shock and embarrasment of the wankers whos local side (yet travelled from Portsmouth to watch it) when Revelldinho scores a beaut against the supposed best keeper in the premiership

that adds at least another 30 or 40 quid onto the price for me.

:lolol: :lolol: We're definately on the same wave length!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here