Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How long will Nige serve the voters of clacton

How long will he stick to what he's actually committed to ?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Very simple. After 30 years of trying to represent a group of voters in the UK Parliament and finally being successful, how long will Nigel Farage actually represent his constituents ?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
He won't abandon his MP status. It's the key to his legitimacy.

He will be constantly absent gallivanting off on his other escapades, but you can do that as an MP, as Boris showed.

And then the people of Clacton will reelect him after Nige spoonfeeds them more bullshit about how they're pioneers fighting for the future of their country.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He won't abandon his MP status. It's the key to his legitimacy.

He will be constantly absent gallivanting off on his other escapades, but you can do that as an MP, as Boris showed.

And then the people of Clacton will reelect him after Nige spoonfeeds them more bullshit about how they're pioneers fighting for the future of their country.

And he plans to bring President Trump to Claction.

He’s going to milk this.

Jul 20, 2003
'serve'?

I reckon he'll just hold a rally from time to time spouting shit about what a great honour it is to serve the wonderful people of Clacton. As for doing any constituency MP graft... Nah, grifting yep, grafting nah.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Very simple. After 30 years of trying to represent a group of voters in the UK Parliament and finally being successful, how long will Nigel Farage actually represent his constituents ?
When did he ever represent anyone but himself? Farage is all about Farage and his own relentless pursuit of a global platform of influence along with Steve Bannon and other far right popularist ideologues around the globe.

Does anyone really think he cares about Clacton? He chose Clacton because it was the only Constituency to elect a UKIP MP in a GE (after winning the seat in the 2014 by-election) and they were the right demographic (mainly white impoverished ) to spin his immigration narratives to - it was also a safe Tory seat so there was no threat from the left.

I know that’s not the answer you are looking for but in the spirit of the poll, I’ll give him 6-12 months before he gets bored with the pedestrianism of the mother of all parliaments . :wink:

Last edited:

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
He won't quit so the only way out is being convicted of a crime or a lengthy suspension and even then the people of Clacton would need to vote for a by-election. I reckon full term and beyond without even attempting to do the job of a constituency MP.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's no voting option for 1-5 years. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
He won't quit so the only way out is being convicted of a crime or a lengthy suspension and even then the people of Clacton would need to vote for a by-election. I reckon full term and beyond without even attempting to do the job of a constituency MP.
Agree. The irony is that Wes Streeting, Angela Raynor and even Kier Starmer are probably at far greater risk of being unseated come the next election, unless they find alternative constituencies.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Did we really need another Farridge thread?
And the OP loves a public poll too
Two very simple questions
What do you think?
And why the need for a poll?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Serve? I doubt he'll ever do that. Remain an MP nominally for Clacton? He'll probably hold on to that unless he gets kicked out for some stunt or other that he tries to pull.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
And he plans to bring President Trump to Claction.
If he brings the Donald to Essex, I can pretty much guarantee that the Presidential limo will get nicked before you can say ‘walk-about’ and end up for sale round the back of a flat-roofed boozer in Pitsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here