Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long do you have to queue for Dick's Bar?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The queue seemed to be abnormally long and slow-moving on Saturday, even at 1pm. Whatever Dick's changed to cause that to happen, could they please change it back again.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No idea why people queue for this place. Lets be honest its ok but a bit sterile if you ask me.

Soon as i'm off the train its a quick 10 minute walk up to the Swan, couple of pints and a cone of chips before back to the ground. (plus you can have a fag there. Winner!)

Is the correct answer.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think one thing that would speed up service in Dick's Bar (though I have to say it is normally pretty good), is having a separate tea/coffee/Bovril counter - or at least a dedicated tea/coffee/Bovril person.

Service for beers / wines only isn't too shabby.

Though Gully being behind the bar is a f***ing hindrance.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
The Swann is infinetely better than Dicks, I just cant understand why anyone bothers at all. Its worse than a Travel Lodge bar.

Agree with that. If I'm running late I head to the concourse, if I have time, I head to The Swan. I gave up on Dicks after a couple of games. I couldn't be arsed with queuing for ages then joining a scrum at the bar & waiting ages to get served.

The Swan have found a niche & have exploited it. The set up is excellent & I have never had to wait ages getting served.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Though Gully being behind the bar is a f***ing hindrance.

The only time i've been to Dick's that really pissed me off. Massive queue to the bar, not enough of staff and lots of people ordering vast orders all of which you have to accept from time to time. The one thing you don't need to accept is a grown-up in a seagull costume standing in the way and delaying everything.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
SOME of US will never DARKEN the doorsteps OF that place

Can you imagine what will happen to Ernest's blood pressure when he see's this hanging on the wall .......

Attachments

• Dick-Knight-Portrait-220x220.jpg
    Dick-Knight-Portrait-220x220.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 152

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Never really had a problem with being served in Dick's. The only time I've had a wait a short while is when they have to change a barrel

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Funny you should mention NS STH. Some bloke in the 1901 yesterday was banging on about 1901'ers being given priority access to East Stand Brasserie and Dick's Bar next season.

Don't see the point myself.

Sorry, HB&B, could you clarify what this bloke was saying.

Was he saying that in his opinion, 1901 SHOULD be given priority access? or that the club is DEFINATELY GOING TO GIVE 1901s priority access?

Last edited:

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
Do you have to show your ticket to get in?

No the only thing you have to show is a great deal of patience which I finally run out of last Saturday after the game. Being made to wait 30 minutes on a "one out one in" basis and then to find it's half empty is a pis*take. It shall be the North Stand concourse in future for me.

D

Deleted member 2719

This may ruffle a few feathers but what the hell;

I have been in Dicks bar twice and had to wait 30 to 40 minutes each time to get in. When myself and another finally got in the place we were met by a number of people I know slapping eachother on the back proclaiming how well we'd all done and how is was so f***ing great how we'd saved the Albion.

I had never seen these people at the Goldstone or even Withdean.

Stick your f***ing Dicks Bar up your f***ing arse if the only proviso for enterance is to get there early and save seats for fat middle aged wankers who untill this season hadn't been to watch Brighton unless it was a high profile game.

Best regards

:lol:

Your right of course i must confess to about 4 visits prematch but i won't queue any longer than 5mins mainly i go in there because it is the only place you can buy spirits at the Amex and seconly i am hoping for some pre match singing atmosphere..............are we aloud to sing in there??? and why is the average age hanging around the 60 mark?

When the band played one track Saturday (pre Match) i couldn't help but laugh to see the disapproval on some of there faces, and a few leave quickly!

It certainly does need a younger feel to it and maybe a rebranding!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
:lol:

Your right of course i must confess to about 4 visits prematch but i won't queue any longer than 5mins mainly i go in there because it is the only place you can buy spirits at the Amex and seconly i am hoping for some pre match singing atmosphere..............are we aloud to sing in there??? and why is the average age hanging around the 60 mark?

When the band played one track Saturday (pre Match) i couldn't help but laugh to see the disapproval on some of there faces, and a few leave quickly!

It certainly does need a younger feel to it and maybe a rebranding!

What do you suggest, Mouldy?
Deans bar?

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
We started going to Dicks bar at the start of season, used to wait about 10 mins to get in, good meeting place for pre match beers as we dont all have season tickets int he same stand etc, however, i think i'll bin off the 40 minute waiting time i tend to get greeted with at most games now.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
We started going to Dicks bar at the start of season, used to wait about 10 mins to get in, good meeting place for pre match beers as we dont all have season tickets int he same stand etc, however, i think i'll bin off the 40 minute waiting time i tend to get greeted with at most games now.

40 minutes? Iv'e never had to wait that long. :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here