Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How long do you have to queue for Dick's Bar?

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was moderately pissed off yesterday.

As per usual, I rocked up at the Amex shortly after 1pm to take my place in DICKS. For some reason, there was already a substantial queue at that time. "OK" I thinks. "They uisually let a good old slab of 15-20 people at a time". Except yesterday, at 1pm, they were letting 2 people in at a time, generally when a few people left.

WTF ?

Was Prescott doing a pole dance up there or something ? I had to slink off to the WSU. Most uncivilised.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Easy 10

Can I apologise to you for you having to muck in the rest of us rabble in the WSU. I myself dread
every match having to mix with that lot in WSU, but I grin and bear it :)

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I was told by the lads with charity buckets when in the Q for Dick's Bar yesterday at 1 30 to forget it. There was a band playing and you could not get near the bar. So I left the q. Still yet to get in there.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
No idea why people queue for this place. Lets be honest its ok but a bit sterile if you ask me.

Soon as i'm off the train its a quick 10 minute walk up to the Swan, couple of pints and a cone of chips before back to the ground. (plus you can have a fag there. Winner!)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What I don't understand is after you queued for 15 mins, you finally get in there and it's half empty!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I certainly don't see the point of paying for 1901 Club membership and then drinking / eating in a part of the stadium that offers free entry to the likes of me.

And if Dick's ceases to be a "Supporters' Bar", open to all, words will be spoken. Trust me.

Sorry, when was Dick's finally made "open to all (supporters)"? I must have missed that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Soon as i'm off the train its a quick 10 minute walk up to the Swan, couple of pints and a cone of chips before back to the ground. (plus you can have a fag there. Winner!)

I haven't been to The Swan yet but intend to try it for the Birmingham game as I have heard so many good reports. Also good reports of East Stand brasserie after the game but also haven't tried that yet.

Sorry, when was Dick's finally made "open to all (supporters)"? I must have missed that.
When DK agreed to it - after some resistance, it has to be said, by others at the Club.

Although I recognise the point you are making (about kids, I assume) and have to say I agree. But - at least as far as this thread is concerned - the point I am making is that the spirit of a Supporters Bar is incompatible with a system that gives 1901 Club members priority access.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The Swann is infinetely better than Dicks, I just cant understand why anyone bothers at all. Its worse than a Travel Lodge bar.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
never go there pre match, have been known to wobble in there after the game though.
very seldom had to queue

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Yeah, tried Dicks Bar once, and wasn't impressed, so it's been The Swan for me ever since, good food, good cider and a very freindly welcome from the landlord every time.
Although I am a little worried that the secret is out because yesterday was the busiest I've seen it

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Usually at the ground before 1 so don't normally have to queue. Queued for a few mins yesterday though.

Was there a slightly reduced capacity as they had that band play before the game?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Dicks is just dissappointing when I have been there. The bar is just a scrum. And a slow moving one at that.

Totally agree, Mumm.
It has all the attraction of queuing for a beer in Regency Square car park, but marginally less agreeable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here