Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How it could have been!

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Taken from yesterday's Argus with a few alterations!!

Dean Hammond has revealed why he chose not to celebrate his spectacular headed strike at Withdean last night.

The former Albion midfielder drew the south coast club with no name on the way to a 2-2 draw and later hit the bar with a stunning volley.

Hammond, who came through the youth ranks and made 151 starts for the Seagulls, said: “I’ve had great times down here.

“I’ve got fond memories and they live with me. It went in but I didn’t want to give it the big ‘un, so to speak. I just walked back to the halfway line.”

Hammond received generous applause from home fans, as did Dean Wilkins and Dan Harding as they returned to Withdean for the first time.

Hammond said: “The standing ovation when I came out was a bit embarrassing for me really but it was lovely.

“I’m chuffed to death with that. I’ve got great memories but we all move on.”

Albion debutant Ashley Barnes insisted: “We could have won the game.

“I thought we played well, passed the ball around and had the better opportunities.”

Two Deans fondly remembered :bowdown:

One Dan on the way to forgiveness :amex:

One Dean will remain a tosser of the highest order! :salute:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What?

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove

Just making an observation that if Hammond had behaved a little more like Cox when scoring at Withdean, he might not now be up there with Scott Mcgleish in the popularity stakes!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
To be fair, the Gopher is on the money...

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
makes sense, Hammond dug himself a grave there with that one...idiot

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does Hammond give a shit what we think, assumably not? Everyone does not have to love us forever. I wasn't there but I imagine he got some abuse from parts of the ground, along with his mate Harding, before he scored?

We really are quite a precious bunch of fans down here.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
FFS cant believe you lot are still grizzling about that. Move on.

Changing the subject, why arent you playing today?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
once any player has moved on I don't really give a tinkers cuss where they are what they are doing or how many goals they are scoring
there are just the good or the bad Coxy falls into the first group as do many others, the bad are to be ignored

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here