Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good were our penalties?!

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
By the way what was Piercy showing to the South Stand after his kick - he took off his shirt and showed the inside of his forearm. Was it a tattoo or the fact that his pulse was normal ?

I was watching at home on SKY, and with regards to the Piercy thing, he was actually holding two fingers to his wrist to indicate that his pulse was normal and he was cool as anything.

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
Fantastic stuff from Mark McGhee, who had the lads well prepared for the penalty shoot-out in training, had it not have been for him i fear we would have fell to pieces, but every one of our takers last night stepped up to strike their penalty confident they would score, that's what it's all about!!

Ben Roberts :bowdown:

Chippy :bowdown:

Iwelumo :bowdown:

Super John Piercy :bowdown:

Sir Adam Virgo :bowdown:

MARK MGHEE'S BLUE N WHITE ARMY! :clap2:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Man of Harveys said:
Funny that, I somehow experienced a weird sense of serenity during the pens and managed to watch them all.

I can only think that we'd so obviously been dead and buried so recently before them that it hadn't really sunk in that, actually, we were still in it; everything else seemed a bit of a bonus. Weird.

But I also can't ever remember losing it at ANY Albion game in the last ooh, 33 years as much as I did at the end last night (I'm 33). Feeling a tad embarrassed about it today but it couldn't be helped - the plot was utterly lost.

We had the momentum. The stuffing was completely knocked out of Swindon by our goal, and you just knew we were going to win the shootout. Had it taken place after a 1-1 finish, I'm not so sure it would have gone the same way. I've never felt so confident in a shootout, even though my heart skipped several beats when I momentarily thought Virgo's rocket-propelled penalty was heading for Falmer - luckily the net got in the way, as someone said.

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
edna krabappel said:
It occurred to me when we were struggling last night: where would we have been this season without Carpenter?

Probably his best season for us, in terms of holding the otherwise limited midfield together.

Totally agree, but not forgetting what a great season he had last year particularly during that losing streak when he was by far our best player. When our midfield looks thin on the ground (in terms of quality) Chippy seems to excel himself.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
me thinks that we might have been practising those kicks

good thinking MM

oh and happy belated birthday to the whiskey guzzler

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Man of Harveys said:
Every one of those penalty takers had, metaphorically speaking, balls like coconuts. Cast-iron 1000% heroes, all of them.

How on earth do they not go to pieces under that sort of pressure? Maybe only one Mr Mooney is best placed to answer that.
Well well well! The 'Palace' fan returns! :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here