Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How good was Jakeys goal!!!

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
having now seen Jakes goal again i didnt realise on sat just how good it was his dummy & turn completely bamboozled the reading defender. I say start him tomorrowm with Malangoooooooooooo:clap2: :clap2:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It was a peach of a goal, and at last I feel confident in Jake playing for us a a first teamer, in the starting line up for Tuesday???

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Not just the goal but his performance when he came on was excellent, running into to positions and chasing the ball, it was refreshing to see a non lazy striker. Give him a proper chance to prove himself.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Del Boy said:
leon may have a fight to get back into the starting lineup

Errrr No, lets not be silly now.

I admit it was a great finish by Jake though, i just wonder if it was meant though or a poor first touch that just fell right for him.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Del Boy said:
leon may have a fight to get back into the starting lineup

That is obviously a joke!!

I do not belive that Jake is strong enough or heavy enough to take the battering of players like Chris Lucketti of Preston but having said that I will take my hat off to him for his goal it was very well taken. He would be ideal used at the moment exactly like Saturday to bring on with fresh legs who will chase anything for 20 /25 minuters. One day maybe he will become a first choice but not yet.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
One day maybe he will become a first choice but not yet.

We shall see.

I feel for him a bit, as certain people have built him up to be some world class star and although he does seem to have some talent, he is not as good as was made out.

My fear is, although fast, he lacks that extra yard of pace of someone like Owen and due to his build, pace is going to have to be his principle assset.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
BensGrandad said:

I do not belive that Jake is strong enough or heavy enough to take the battering of players like Chris Lucketti of Preston but having said that I will take my hat off to him for his goal it was very well taken. He would be ideal used at the moment exactly like Saturday to bring on with fresh legs who will chase anything for 20 /25 minuters. One day maybe he will become a first choice but not yet.
Spot on, it's quite an exciting thought thinking of Leon & Maheta together up front with Jake ready to come on from the bench aswell... Chris McPhee's days might be numbered here.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Trigger said:
Spot on, it's quite an exciting thought thinking of Leon & Maheta together up front with Jake ready to come on from the bench aswell... Chris McPhee's days might be numbered here.

Bit harsh on Mcphee I think, who i believe does have a future with us.

4 strikers are essential. Mcphee did reasonably well last year in his first season as part of the 1st team squad. A lot to learn but could be useful.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
BensGrandad said:

hear hear exactly how he should be used at the moment :clap: :clap:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I think Jakes movement and vision are very impressive for someone so young. Compared to previously hyped youth players he's hit the ground running, only just 17 and has 2 goals to his name already. Mcghee says he's working on his strength so I see no reason why he can't be a regular member of the first team squad.

Last edited:

It was right in front of me and it was FAN bloody TASTIC - that's was the only benefit of row E

The way he dummied that limp of a full back and slotted it past the bald keeper was tremendously impresive

Shame about the weak finish for the chance in the last five minutes which if nythig was easier...........

Trigger said:

Don't be stupid -
We can't survive a season with only three strikers, one of whom is 17 and another of whom is likley to get suspended. we are not in a poisition to let strikers slip through our hands - and McPhee is a better player NOW than Jakey (tho that won't be the case in three years time)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I am fed up with hearing all this 'he is too young' 'needs time to mature', 'he is not ready' What a load of crap!!!!!!!!

If he is good enough he is old enough!!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
if he and malongo are the two best strikers on form then they should start. there is no player that should just walk in to the team. leon will play if he is performing in training or 1 of the two are not playing at there best.

of course i feel leon will go straight in when he can play but only because mm knows he is class act. but if robinson is producing the goods who knows......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Wookiee said:
I am fed up with hearing all this 'he is too young' 'needs time to mature', 'he is not ready' What a load of crap!!!!!!!!

If he is good enough he is old enough!!

That is nopt what I am saying. I have said that IMO he needs to put on some weight and strength before hecan b eexpected to compete with the big hard men of this division. It is nota question of ability but physique and pushing him on too quick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here