Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How frequently do you shower/bathe?

How often do you shower/bath?

• Twice a day

• Daily

• Every other day

• More than once a week

• Weekly

• Fortnightly

• Monthly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Very nice condition, they are globe taps, don’t see many of them, I lived in an old property in the late 80s with similar taps on a cast iron bath.
Nice towel too, I’ve got one of those.
I've only ever seen 1 pair of globe taps and that was in a draw in my grandads shed, he must've thought they'd come in handy one day..

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Life and hygiene has changed so much since the 80's. Remember having a daily strip wash in a bowl and then over to my Aunties for a bath on a Sunday until we got a bathroom in 1984. Living in Brighton like so few of us do these days the students are the worst of the stinkers and there are still a few in The Evening Star when I pop in.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Funnily enough 9 out of 10 of my bathrooms people replace the bath with a walk in shower.. 🚿
You might be exactly the man I need to speak to then. We're about to move into a flat and we've talked about ripping the bath out and having a big shower unit there instead.
We have no idea on cost, obviously materials will differ considerably so even a ballpark figure will be difficult.
Drop me a message if you can offer any advice though.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
You might be exactly the man I need to speak to then. We're about to move into a flat and we've talked about ripping the bath out and having a big shower unit there instead.
We have no idea on cost, obviously materials will differ considerably so even a ballpark figure will be difficult.
Drop me a message if you can offer any advice though.
He is the man to ask. He's the only reason I wash at all 😄

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I’m lucky as I have a particularly sweet smelling body - my showering/bathing frequency varies depending on my activities and can range from 1 per week to 5/6 times per week but never one per day, that just seems disconcertingly obsessive!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I haven't had a bath for about 10 years. The last time was after I'd completed a 25 mile sponsored walk over the Downs for AITC (to which many of you very kindly donated). Afterwards I ached in places I never knew existed, so that long soak was essential.

I shower every morning, without fail. After I get up its the 3rd thing I do after having a piss and cleaning my teeth. Then I do me hair and get dressed, never been one for mooching about in a dressing gown. Might have one in the evening too if I've been sweating like Gary Glitter in PC World, if its been a hot sticky day.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I’m lucky as I have a particularly sweet smelling body - my showering/bathing frequency varies depending on my activities and can range from 1 per week to 5/6 times per week but never one per day, that just seems disconcertingly obsessive!!

One a week seems disconcertingly infrequent!

I can't imagine not having a shower first thing in the morning. If I don't have one, I don't feel awake. Then another is often needed later that day after exercise.

In Vietnam, and possibly elsewhere, they find our habit of morning showers, rather than evening, odd. I do see where they're coming from as washing off the day's dirt and sweat before bed makes sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here