Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] How frequently do you shower/bathe?

How often do you shower/bath?

• Twice a day

• Daily

• Every other day

• More than once a week

• Weekly

• Fortnightly

• Monthly

Results are only viewable after voting.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Twice a day. Always once as soon as I get up, but also sometimes as soon as I get home from work. I come into close contact with some right mingers at work, and it's not fair on my family if I transfer that onto them. I once went home with liquid dead body juice on the bottom of my boots 🤢
The joys of being a serial killer eh? :whistle:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I haven't had a bath in the house for 35 years.
Like you, I always wanted an outdoors bath too but what do you do in the winter? Isn’t it a bit chilly? ???
IMG_2151.jpeg

(Crodo is extremely weird, by the way. Just thought I'd mention that).
Oh there’s a lot of us that do weird around here 😵‍💫😎🤪

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Have a shower every morning before starting work, even though I WFH I like to shower and get dressed so that I would be ready if I was needed to go in to an office, that’s not smart, but jeans and t shirt, jumper if cold.

Our shower is ensuite, off the main bedroom, our bathroom does not have a shower but a Victorian cast iron roll top bath. It was in the house when we bought it. Dates back to 1840s. So I do also like a long soak in the bath sometimes in the evening.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
During hot spells, there’s a few in th WSU who smell like they haven’t bathed/showered since the Goldstone was demolished.

I hate other people’s B.O., a bar of soap costs less than 50p, absolutely no reason anyone should stink.

Unfortunately, as I have discovered over the years, there are a whole number of reasons. It was the one of the chats I dreaded most. You're not going to get to where you want to be, you're on an official warning and I'm sorry but your post is being made redundant isn't a lot worse :down:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Our shower is ensuite, off the main bedroom, our bathroom does not have a shower but a Victorian cast iron roll top bath. It was in the house when we bought it. Dates back to 1840s. So I do also like a long soak in the bath sometimes in the evening.
Old cast iron baths in good condition sell for over £1000, good to hear you have got one from 1840.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
When I live somewhere with a bathtub, I take three or four baths every day. I want to live in a bathtub.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I have a bath whenever the missus has one.
Not with her, I find the vast quantity of water at close to boiling that she puts into the bath an incredible waste of energy so after it's cooled enough that I can get in I read there for an hour.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have to smash the crap ones into 4 pieces to get them out! My dad said he remembers a bloke that would carry them on his back like a tortoise.. 🐢
I’ve smashed so many cast iron baths up, always into 4, until I bought a cheap sledgehammer :smile: only ever fitted 2.
One customer’s son has a reclamation yard and refurbs baths, he was supposed to come deliver the bath and bring his mate to put the bath in position for me to connect, when he turned up he was on his own. I had to help him get the bath up these narrow stairs in a cottage :annoyed:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
That‘s good to know. I don’t think we would ever change it, it is timeless and cast iron is great for keeping the water hot.
The taps are very old as well.
View attachment 189423
Very nice condition, they are globe taps, don’t see many of them, I lived in an old property in the late 80s with similar taps on a cast iron bath.
Nice towel too, I’ve got one of those.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Shame. I like the idea of a love child between @Weststander and @Questions ….he’d have some interesting qualities that’s for sure!

There are few reasons.

To remove sweat and grease from pores so skin can breathe more easily during exercise.

To remove dirt and grim that might pour into eyes or stain gym clothes when sweating occurs during exercise.

To prevent chafing if undergarments are moist and clinging to the skin.

To look and feel presentable in front of peers and for gym selfies if trying to impress others.
Well when you say it like that I’ll go and apologise for ever mentioning our fuel and water bills in front of the lad

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To look and feel presentable in front of peers
I prefer to rely on my good looks and wit, it’s a lot easier than bloody showering all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here