Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far do you think Gus Poyet will go?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Will he outgrow BHA or will he stick with it.One thing is clear.He has massive respect from around the world.
I see him as a future Spurs or Chelsea manager.He is without a doubt the most respected manager outside of the top of the Premiership.I hope he can take Brighton on his journey,but I suspect someone will turn his head.:ohmy:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Another shit thread about Poyet's future.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
ridiculous thread

if he's successful at the Albion, he will be a hot ticket and we will never be able to match his ambition - that's a simple fact - in the face of established big clubs, either here or abroad.

if he's unsuccessful at the Albion, then we'll probably want to move on ourselves.

let's not kid ourselves, Falmer takes us to a new level and moves the club forward. but it takes us only so far in the grand scheme of things.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Another shit thread about Poyet's future.

Seriously, why the need for aggression like this? Someone's trying to start a conversation about the club. If you're not interested in it, fine, don't reply. If it's been discussed before or people aren't interested then it will drop off the board, so why the need to post abuse?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Seriously, why the need for aggression like this? Someone's trying to start a conversation about the club. If you're not interested in it, fine, don't reply. If it's been discussed before or people aren't interested then it will drop off the board, so why the need to post abuse?

It has been asked a million times

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

16 posts to date(2009) suggests you hardly visit this board or read it. Enough said.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
It has been asked a million times

I'm sure it has, but that's not the point. If every time someone with less knowledge of NSC tries to start a thread they get sworn at it's not going to encourage them to participate, and I don't think that's a good thing. People can just ignore the thread, or if necessary point out it's been discussed before, without hurling abuse. Of course if someone is deliberately trolling that's different.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm sure it has, but that's not the point. If every time someone with less knowledge of NSC tries to start a thread they get sworn at it's not going to encourage them to participate, and I don't think that's a good thing. People can just ignore the thread, or if necessary point out it's been discussed before, without hurling abuse. Of course if someone is deliberately trolling that's different.

It doesn't take much brains does it? Thread after thread about Poyet's future and what clubs are linked with him.Now we have it will our players while the window is open.Don't you think for one moment people are a bit fed up with it?

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
16 posts to date(2009) suggests you hardly visit this board or read it. Enough said.

Algie, it's precisely because I'm not a member of the NSC mafia that I feel qualified to comment on whether it's a good idea to abuse newer members of the forum. Unless of course you just want to retain this as a forum for the elite few. If that's the case and you're deliberately trying to put off other people from joining in then you're doing a grand job, but personally I don't think that's a good thing for the club.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
It doesn't take much brains does it? Thread after thread about Poyet's future and what clubs are linked with him.Now we have it will our players while the window is open.Don't you think for one moment people are a bit fed up with it?

As I said, ignore it if you wish and if everyone else agrees with you it will quickly go away.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Algie, it's precisely because I'm not a member of the NSC mafia that I feel qualified to comment on whether it's a good idea to abuse newer members of the forum. Unless of course you just want to retain this as a forum for the elite few. If that's the case and you're deliberately trying to put off other people from joining in then you're doing a grand job, but personally I don't think that's a good thing for the club.

Why are you being over sensitive? Are you calling that abuse? seriously mate sort it out.You obviously haven't seen abuse on here first hand and this certainly isn't.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Why are you being over sensitive? Are you calling that abuse? seriously mate sort it out.You obviously haven't seen abuse on here first hand and this certainly isn't.

Lol, I'm sure there's been a lot worse! All I'm saying is that if all someone gets from starting a thread is 'another shit thread' then, at the very least, it's not very friendly. I've no idea how Harry H reacted to it, but it's possible he was put off contributing in the future. Anyway, I'm aware of the irony that our conversation is keeping this 'shit thread' at the top of the board, so I'll leave it at that. Cheers.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
this board is such a bitch fest nowadays. why does every thread descend into this kind of crap.

i might have suggested upfront the thread was ridiculous but at least i provided some kind of reasoning behind my comment. every one else just seems to want to flap their handbags around at any given opportunity.

Managers move, just as do players. Except for the top three Prem clubs, they are all easily open to offers.
We have to live with that too.

The last poaching we had was Steve Coppell - but ultimately he could be looking at us and wishing he'd stayed for the long haul.

I don't think Tony Bloom is daft, and I think he'll do what is necessary within reason, to keep our best staff at the club. But if they see a bigger light to follow, then that's life and we have to appreciate that the business world works like that.
YOU will move to another company for bigger benefits and money, so will football people.

HOWEVER - I doubt Poyet will have come to work at Withdean just to experience how lowly it feels in this league compared to The Premier and Champions Leagues, then bog off just before he proudly strides into the Amex Stadium.
I wouldn't leave then, even for some bigger money. Well, it would have to be huge 'big money' to go somewhere else after putting together his own squad and taking on our challenges that existed up to now (and the ones that follow look pretty exciting in my opinion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here