Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you just walk of a cliff?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It looks pretty obvious to me

My brother-in-law is a coastguard over there, was involved in the recovery and it does seem that she was blown off by a great gust of wind. Tragic accident.

Obvious if you account for a tragic accident and not a deliberate attempt to kill herself.

Don't be so judgemental.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My girlfriend's old university housemate backed over a sheer cliff drop in Africa while in the processs of taking a photograph of her partner. It's the sort of thing you think you'll only ever see in comedy films. There's a tree planted in her memory near the spot.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Didn't it happen with some guy flying a kite for his Son over Seaford way? Tragic accidents do happen and it's very easy to arrive at the wrong conclusion when they do.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You can walk OFF a cliff.

"Ken Walker, who was walking near the scene of the accident on Sunday, said: "Children could just run off the cliff. There's no notice to say don't go there. It's incredible""

You need a notice to tell kids not to run off the cliff! Really?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
No offense but you're either a kid or a complete bellend or both.
That is all.

says the chap with Be Pathetic under his name.

The story didnt mention anything about wind, just what people have said on here.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
says the chap with Be Pathetic under his name.

The story didnt mention anything about wind, just what people have said on here.

So that amount of information makes it all look pretty obvious to you then as your original post states? :facepalm:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I walk along the cliffs a lot and use a lot of the beaches between Eastbourne and Seaford. It never fails to amaze me how many people think it's OK to stand right at the edge of the cliffs, or even sit there. Not suggesting this is what's happened in this case, but it's amazing that more people don't die that way.

You can put up as many signs as you like - but if people don't realise that a sheer drop of a few hundred feet onto rocks below is a danger, what makes anyone think they'd take notice of a sign?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't know how close she was to the edge but yo see people up there, peering over the edge all the time. I don't think people realise how dangerous this is.A gust of wind, simply losing your footing or being distracted for a few seconds is so easily done. Plus, bits of that cliff edge are so unstable, you wouldn't catch me going closer than 5 feet or so from the edge up there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You're right [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION] , I wouldn't catch you.

(just kidding xx)

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's no fence along the edge and people stand very close so that they can get a good picture

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Simple rule of thumb: If it's REALLY windy, don't go near the cliff edge.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I never once stated i thought it was the husband or she jumped, just dont get how people get into that situation in the first place. How close must she have been, its insane the mindset of people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here