Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you have to DRESS at work ?

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
When I started a job a few years back, I was informed that I would have to wear the company shirt provided, which was a disgusting light blue open-necked collared shirt, trousers and shoes. However, in my new job it has been a suit all the way through, which I much prefer. Since today, I'm wearing a brand new ben sherman suit, the credit crunch isnt that bad, with a black slim tie and shite, double cuffed shirt, it got me thinking.
What does everyone else have to wear at work ? May also be handy if you out what your job is. I'm a lettings manager at an estate agents in East Sussex. Open the floor.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Whatever I want. For client meetings, I'll wear a casual shirt, but thankfully only need to go as far as a tie and suit once or twice a year.

Can you guess the profession?!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I wear an open-necked shirt, trousers and shoes. I am an administrator (I think - I have been here 4 months and am still waiting for somebody to explain my job to me).

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
dog-tuxedo_small1.jpg

Quantity Surveyor by profession.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
safety boots, t-shirt/fleece/jacket/gloves all supplied by the company. My legs are MY choice and its shorts when warm and navy blu trousers when its cold.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whatever I like as I work from home!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Did I see the other day you were in Bexhill - which one do you work in then

*stalker alert*

*stalker alert indeed*

I didn't put what estate agents just in case you thought I was a layabout at work with nothing to do...

and yes, I am in Bexhill...and I think I park near your work...can you guess which one though ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Hove Born & Bred can tell you, it varies depending on what I have to do. Usually open neck shirt, trousers and shoes, but sometimes have to wear company polo t-shirt.
Oh Kier!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm a freelance IT engineer and it varies from job to job. Usually it's smart casual which means no jeans or trainers but not a tie. However I wear a tie as I find users for some reason respond better to people wearing a tie. Granted in some roles the users are jeans and T-shirt people so you dress to blend in. It's been many years since I had to wear a suit to work and given some of the crawling around on dirty floors I sometimes have to do it's highly unlikely that I will wear a suit again.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
*stalker alert indeed*

I didn't put what estate agents just in case you thought I was a layabout at work with nothing to do...

and yes, I am in Bexhill...and I think I park near your work...can you guess which one though ?

you park near my work eh, so you know where I work then do you, are you my stalker then :ohmy:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I'm a website developer and I can wear what I like as I never have to actually meet clients. Today I'm sporting jeans, Gola trainers and a retro Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I wear a suit to work. In my previous employment I wore what I wanted (jeans, trainers, t-shirt) but now I quite like wearing a suit to work. Its nice to get home and shed the work skin and put throw on jeans and a t-shirt, it kind of symbolises to me I'm done for the day and can now relax.

However today I am working from home so it's jeans and the lovely blue and yellow away shirt my wife surprised me with the other day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here