Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you eat a KIWI FRUIT ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I manage to dress myself in the mornings.
I can wire a plug.
I can construct flatpack furniture if the instructions are clear.
But it would appear I am INCAPABLE of eating a kiwi fruit.

Usually I have an apple at lunchtime, but we've run out. So I brought two kiwi's to work today, along with a serrated knife to slice them with, and a teaspoon. I've just tried to have one of them, and to be honest, it all turned into something of an ordeal.

I sliced the kiwi through the middle (cutting across the core, not down it). So far, so good. I then picked up one of the halves, and brandishing my teaspoon, I attempted to scoop out the green, seedy flesh, rather in the style you might scoop out a boiled egg. The kiwi was having none of it. The spoon slithered across the surface, hardly penetrating at all. The core was proving to be a formidable foe. In my frustration I pushed harder, but this merely resulted in the kiwi flesh "mashing up" underneath the spoon around the core, and I ended up rupturing the furry brown skin. Then it shot out of my hand and splattered all over the keyboard. The whole project has turned into a disaster. I have green juice and pips all over my desk, and an unmolested 2nd halve of kiwi which I am now apprehensive about tackling, lest it prove as difficult as its sibling. The second (whole) kiwi has remained in my rucksack, I have neither the time, will or inclination to attempt a similar disecting project on that one until I have foundered upon a more condusive method of consumption.

In hindsight, perhaps I should have peeled all the skin off and sliced it up, but this whole messy experience has rendered me slightly traumatised today, so I think I'll leave it for now. I had similar problems last week with a very large orange, which had a skin tougher than tanned leather and an astonishing amount of pith. I gave up on that as well in the end. Fruit is RUBBISH sometimes.

Anyway, whats the best way of eating a kiwi ?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I eat the skin. Thus no cutting involved, just eat it like an apple.

Interstinhly I also eat the core on an apple as well.....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cut it in half (against the grain) and squeeze much of the fruit out when it has reached your lips. Then use your teeth to scrape off any residue left, so that there is no wastage.

Anyone that slices up a kiwi probably has weekly manicures, uses talcum powder and carries round a packet of 'handy andies'.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cut it in Half, use a Spoon with a serrated edge (as this helps CUT through the Fruit), spoon out the Fruit being careful not to cut through the Skin.

its EASY.....Easy!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Cut it in Half, use a Spoon with a serrated edge (as this helps CUT through the Fruit), spoon out the Fruit being careful not to cut through the Skin.

its EASY.....Easy!

so EASY i've said it TWICE look!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Who has a spoon with a serrated edge ?
I mean REALLY ? I've never heard of such a thing. I've only recently come to terms with the concept of a SPORK, but serrated spoons takes things on to a whole new level.

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
315627563KgIBoZ_ph.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Who has a spoon with a serrated edge ?
I mean REALLY ? I've never heard of such a thing. I've only recently come to terms with the concept of a SPORK, but serrated spoons takes things on to a whole new level.

Sporks are LEGENDARY!

Serrated Spoon like this but mines not as jagged!

RoastedTomato001.jpg

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
When his boyfriend isn't watching .... unless all three of you are into that sort of thing.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
its a lot easier than trying to deconstruct a JELLY NUT

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
its a lot easier than trying to deconstruct a JELLY NUT

Good for weight loss, I seem to remember reading. I don't know whether that is from actually consuming the thing or the hours spent trying to get in it.

I have only tried it once, but ended up taking a mallet to it in a fit of rage and lost all the juice. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here