Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did McCammon play today?

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
McCammon and Leon were on totally different wavelengths today, and were even arguing on the pitch at one point when Leon got upset because McCammon had read his flick-on.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Someone on here earlier said he was ok but that neither he or Leon got much service.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
poor be the word i would use

He was our best player, mainly because he was the only one who seemed to have a bit of energy. But there was not a lot of competition.

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
London Irish said:
He was our best player, mainly because he was the only one who seemed to have a bit of energy. But there was not a lot of competition.
i do what game you were watching? best player i think braders was being kind when he said he was poor he's 6 ft 5 and when the balls played into the box he stands there watching it instead of throwing himself at it

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
From the sounds of it if you judged any of our players by todays game they wouldn't get a glowing report so to pick on an individual would be a bit harsh.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
None of our players stood out today in either the bad sense or the good sense.

It was just one of those days where nothing went right for us, tackles, passes, misunderstandings and getting in each other's way.

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
MM mentioned in his interview he thought McCammon played well today

saltash seagull said:
i do what game you were watching? best player i think braders was being kind when he said he was poor he's 6 ft 5 and when the balls played into the box he stands there watching it instead of throwing himself at it

How many times did he lose possession today? What about all the headers he won? What about those runs with the ball he made?

But then you've already made up your mind Big Mac's a donkey and said so on NSC often enough, and unless he scores two every week, you're sticking to that, aren't you?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
McCammon was one of the few players who looked like he wanted to play. He won some excellent hearders in the first 15 mins but his peroframnce with the teams dropped a bit after that. Didn't really do anything to stand out from the crowd but he gave it his all - and you didn't really get that impression watching Hart who we hoped/expected to add a bit of bite to our game.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I felt a little bit sorry for McCammon yesterday. He worked hard but got no sort of service at all. He was definitely more effective than Knight, who didn't seem to be interested for much of the game.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
So how about Alexis?

He's been out of the side for a while, is he not repeating the form he showed earlier in the season?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Bluejuice said:
So how about Alexis?

He's been out of the side for a while, is he not repeating the form he showed earlier in the season?

He was chasing the ball trying to win it back in tackles but then his position wasn't being filled by anyone else in the team which left gaping holes in midfield.

We just didn't turn up yesterday. We didn't play as a team.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Uncle Buck said:

The team was poor and McCammon was as poor as the rest, positioning was poor, but then so was the service.
spot on nobody had a good game

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
London Irish said:
How many times did he lose possession today? What about all the headers he won? What about those runs with the ball he made?

But then you've already made up your mind Big Mac's a donkey and said so on NSC often enough, and unless he scores two every week, you're sticking to that, aren't you?
no he didnt give possesion away a lot today cos he never really had it.i noticed plenty of times the ball was in the air and he didnt win it and yes i do think he's a donkey and thats got nothing to do with him not scoring 2 goals every game but that dosen't mean he can't do the job he's been bought into do which lets face it aint for his skill he's there to win headers and hold the ball up haven't noticed to much of either apart from when he had a bit of confidence after he scored last week but he wasn't given the best of service yesterday

The Laughing Bluebird said:
I felt a little bit sorry for McCammon yesterday. He worked hard but got no sort of service at all. He was definitely more effective than Knight, who didn't seem to be interested for much of the game.

Spot on.

UB, I'll remember to PM you next time my plans change.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
We were poor all over the pitch for about 20 mins in the first half. They scored 2 and hit the bar. No player stood out, no player was any worse then the other. Virgs had his worse game for a long, long time. Knight and McCammon never got on the same wave length. Apart from our mad few minutes we were no worse then Cardiff. The game for Brighton was a non event. I would strruggle to pick a MOM and probably just give them all a 5.5 out of 10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here