Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How did Dicker do?

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Potentially our best player today, certainly our best midfielder. He fought well and played the simple ball. I have never been a big fan of his, but could be important n the next five games.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Easily mom with vicente second!

Dicker much better than bridcutt has been for a long time.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Didnt go but big fan of his. Glad he has had a good start. He just has to realise you dont get time for the extra touch in this league

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
I thought Dicker was poor today. He showed all the reasons why he should have been dropped before his injury - ponderous in possession, complete lack of pace and generally quite weak in the tackle. He also seems to have a complete aversion to shooting. In the formation that we played today Vicente is obviously the creative attacking midfielder so why the need for Dicker. We would have looked a lot stronger with a more battling midfielder, like Vincelot, in the team.

Having said that he was certainly better than Reyes who just couldn't find a green and black shirt all game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm amazed to see the problem today was too many creative players in the team. :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought Dicker was poor today. He showed all the reasons why he should have been dropped before his injury - ponderous in possession, complete lack of pace and generally quite weak in the tackle. He also seems to have a complete aversion to shooting. In the formation that we played today Vicente is obviously the creative attacking midfielder so why the need for Dicker. We would have looked a lot stronger with a more battling midfielder, like Vincelot, in the team.

Having said that he was certainly better than Reyes who just couldn't find a green and black shirt all game.

So apart from that Dicker played quite well then

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
So apart from that Dicker played quite well then

I didn't think he did. Presumably part of his job playing on the left hand side of the midfield diamond is to offer some screening to Mattock - seeing as we weren't playing with any wingers - which was something he didn't do. Their right back and right winger were having a field day. That was where Burnley's only threat, and indeed their goal, came from. Whilst it would be lovely to have someone in the team whose sole job is to pass it to Vicente, it is not a luxury we can afford at the expense of someone who offers something defensively as well. He got bypassed too easily and gave away the ball on a regular basis.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dicker was good and seemed to have an understanding with Vicente.Good combination IMHO

Gus agrees with you,

This afternoon's clash did mark the return of Irish midfielder Gary Dicker - after almost six months out with a fracture fibula - and Poyet was pleased to see him come through 90 minutes unscathed.

"With the system we played today Gary has the best understanding. He deserved to play and he was one of the only players during the first half who was creative on the ball, and he was the one who kept finding Vicente at the right time and in the right place.

I'm not sure what game The Bucket was watching.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here