Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can Pompey be in Administration and still be able to sign loan players ?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
But if the players are being paid for 100% by their own clubs, why would it be a problem? They're making the most out of the free players available to them..

or am I missing something?

For me it's a continual piss take of the rules. Last time they went into administration they signed two players on over £20k a week.

This time they are signing two players despite 2 other teams having transfer embargos for financial reasons (far less than Pompeys)

The whole thing started with them paying over the odds for success, something completely unsustainable and its crashed and burned big time. They dont learn their lessson and continue to take the piss

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
After many years of unfairly playing at a level they could not afford, I don't think it's exactly unfair that they have to play at a slight disadvantage at the moment.

That's why my post was completely sarcastic :lol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
At least they won't be loaning Mattock and Razak back...

If they get in loan players half as good as those two, Reyes, Vokes and Assulin I'd be very surprised.

If they are expecting the parent club to pay 100% of the wages then they will have to be on fairly minimal wages to make it work financially for the parent.

I can't see Liverpool (e.g.) loaning out someone on 10-15k p/w and footing the whole bill.

If, however, they are paying for these players when the non-playing staff are being made redundant and the club could go out of business, then its a joke. Mind you, its a joke club financially anyway so it wouldn't surprising me.

For me it's a continual piss take of the rules. Last time they went into administration they signed two players on over £20k a week.

Pompey came out of administration after HRMC's unsuccessful challenge to the CVA in early August 2010 and were bought by Balram Chainrai later that month (17th). The £20k/pw kids (Kitson and Lawrence) were signed subsequent to this on transfer deadline day.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that it is Roy Hodgson, WBA Manager and one of the men tipped to be the next England Manager who is helping his old mate Appleton and in turn Portsmouth out. Just the sort of man we want as England manager a man with pride and honour !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It would appear that it is Roy Hodgson, WBA Manager and one of the men tipped to be the next England Manager who is helping his old mate Appleton and in turn Portsmouth out. Just the sort of man we want as England manager a man with pride and honour !

That's not very fair or accurate is it, BG?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That's not very fair or accurate is it, BG?

How is that? It is reported that it is 2 WBA players they are getting in on loan, Hodgson is manager of WBA so must have sanctioned it, Appleton was at WBA as either No2 or a coach so would know Hodgson so it is obviously an old pals act to borrow a couple of players. Where is the inaccuracies or is it unfair.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think it's unfair on Hodgson to claim helping out his old pal shows a lack of pride or honour, to use your words. If you think about it from his point of view, where better to send his young players on loan? They're going to play first team football in the Championship for a manager who knows them. Where's the downside for West Brom? Providing they don't get too caught up on the morality of doing favours for Portsmouth, there isn't one. I think it would be naive to think that all clubs should shun Portsmouth, I actually think West Brom are being quite clever if anything. Perfect opportunity for their young players to get a taste of the real world, join a struggling team and learn what it means to be a footballer. It doesn't appear to have done Razak any harm, or Mattock for that matter.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is where we disagree I think that allowing a player to go to a club in Portsmouths position is showing that you condone such action and as such all clubs should take the moral high ground and refuse such help. It is only a pity that the FA didn't do the same.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They had five subs yesterday and if any of their first team squad get injured they have a youth team so why do they need to sign anyone?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
They had five subs yesterday and if any of their first team squad get injured they have a youth team so why do they need to sign anyone?

As I remember - They get around the loan rules due to the number of players they can have in their first team squad. (Agreed by The Administrator) Thus, they don't promote Youth Team players to senior level. They've loaned Lawrence to Cardiff plus Erik Whateverhisnameis to Birmingham. This makes two slots available in the 1st team squad. They've offloaded two big earners for loanee's that are probably going to be paid mostly or all by the parent club.

Personally, I think its another example of Pompey playing the system.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I like that where Appleton says "There are two strikers we are looking at," They are actually looking around and choosing players!! They get a choice?

I bet the loanees come from Premiere sides and not from league one or two clubs where there are bound to be one or two players who would love some Championship experience.

Yoda

English & European

This time they are signing two players despite 2 other teams having transfer embargos for financial reasons (far less than Pompeys)

The whole thing started with them paying over the odds for success, something completely unsustainable and its crashed and burned big time. They dont learn their lessson and continue to take the piss

When you put it that way, completely agree.

Sent from my Nexus S using TapaTalk while bashing one out.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't get this WBA loan!
If im right in saying,pompey actually still owe westbrom a lot of money from a player they bought off pompey,why on earth would WBA still loan a player to pompey for free?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I don't get this WBA loan!
If im right in saying,pompey actually still owe westbrom a lot of money from a player they bought off pompey,why on earth would WBA still loan a player to pompey for free?

Because Appleton used to be West Brom youth coach so they are doing him loads of favours. Apparently last night one of the West Brom loanees, Scott Allan, was by far Portsmouth's best player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here