Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How can Pompey be in Administration and still be able to sign loan players ?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Portsmouth boss Michael Appleton says he hopeful of signing two loan strikers before the weekend's game against Brighton.

This really makes a farce of the administration rules.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
1-0 loss at Reading is not a bad result for a team supposedly on the ropes, whatever will be will be re loan signings........cant see it tbh.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just when you thought you couldn't dislike that team anymore. Unbelievable, how on EARTH are they allowed to bring anyone else in when the club is on it's knees I have no idea. How do the rules allow this? Even Brum's transfer embargo doesn't allow loans, which is why they got three in under the wire before it came into effect. Is there not such an embargo at Pompey?

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
I thought that the last loan signing wages were paid in full by WBA, but I ould be wrong. Also I thought Man U offered them players on loan for nothing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They've got a load of youth players they're refusing to play, correct?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes..my Pompey mate said that the west brom kid is mustard.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
These loanees are likely to be shit if the parent club is paying all the wages. And we ought to be able to beat them if they have only trained together for about 3 days and never played in the same team before!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Scandalous this is allowed to happen. They want sympathy from everyone else but year after year, continue to take the piss out of everyone else by signing players and bending rules.
I dont want to see any club go out of business, but with Pompey I am beginning to make an exception.

Why are you in this mess? learn your fcukin lessons!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's unbelievable. They're beyond embarrassing now. It's utterly shameless.

It's the equivalent of catching a child eating a massive chocolate cake they shouldn't be, and then as you walk forward to take them away they shovel as much of the cake in as they can before you grab them.

It's almost as if they've accepted they're going bust, so they just want to piss everyone off as much as possible on the way.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
At what point do they begin to "cut their cloth" accordingly?

FFS, if your players aren't playing well enough right now TOUGH, you DO. NOT. HAVE. THE. MONEY. FOR. MORE. PLAYERS.

This just shows exactly why themselves in this mess again. For all the talk of financial problems, they just don't appreciate there's a war on, and in teh next breath are looking at who they can bring in. Unbelievable.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
From Pompey's perspective they want to compete on a level playing field.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
But if the players are being paid for 100% by their own clubs, why would it be a problem? They're making the most out of the free players available to them..

or am I missing something?

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I've seen Michael Appleton before somewhere......

Attachments

• Voldemort.png
    Voldemort.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 48
  • appleton.jpg
    appleton.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 73

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From Pompey's perspective they want to compete on a level playing field.

After many years of unfairly playing at a level they could not afford, I don't think it's exactly unfair that they have to play at a slight disadvantage at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here