Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How Can People Say.........

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
They don't want the World Cup here? I have heard several people say it. It would be f***ing awesome, just watching the opening ceremony on TV gives me goose bumps.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I guess they want the money spent on other things.
Eh? What money will be spent on the World Cup? Or to be more specific what taxpayer's money will be spent on the world cup? I think you're confusing it with the Olympics.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They're all clueless twats. It would be MINT - But gonna enjoy this one first before I start thinking bout Dec's decision...

PS - I read on the beeb that we're styill favourites to get the 2018 WC - Can anyone confirm this?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
They're all clueless twats. It would be MINT - But gonna enjoy this one first before I start thinking bout Dec's decision...

PS - I read on the beeb that we're styill favourites to get the 2018 WC - Can anyone confirm this?

Yes I beleive it is between ourselves and Russia.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Top thread :clap2::clap2:

Anyone who doesn't want it should leave the country. It would be mega, and would GENERATE money for the economy not lose us money, particularly as the infrastructure is already here.

It's a no brainer, bring it home.

We were having this very discussion over a couple of pints at lunch watching the opening ceremony. I would love it, BUT I think that Russia should get it ahead of us. It's never been there, and it's potentially opening up a massive market to football (I know the west Russians are pretty keen, but what about the east?).

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
We were having this very discussion over a couple of pints at lunch watching the opening ceremony. I would love it, BUT I think that Russia should get it ahead of us. It's never been there, and it's potentially opening up a massive market to football (I know the west Russians are pretty keen, but what about the east?).

So what if they have never had it. Several countries have hosted it twice since we hosted it. Bring it home give it to Russia one 2026.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So what if they have never had it. Several countries have hosted it twice since we hosted it. Bring it home give it to Russia one 2026.

Exactly.

Plus unlike the olympics we already have the stadia to cope with a world cup and stadia over 40k.

Emirates, Wembley, MK Dons (yes it can be extended same as Elland Road), Old Trafford, Anfield, Stadium of Light, St James Park, Villa Park, Stamford Bridge etc etc

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

That Russia argument is ridiculous. There is a reason they have never had it. Have you ever been to Russia?! I went to the Moscow England game and it was chaos. Can't think of anywhere worse to hold the most prestigious tournament in the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here