Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big a club will we be with a decent ground?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
When Falmer is up and running, I have to say, I believe we will be a semi decent side at least challenging for promotion!!

:clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Premier League maybe. Top Championship side definately.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
A sustained period being a top half championship side with the occasional flirtation with the premiership at most

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
lets concentrate on gettin g ground first or we wont be a team at all

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
<cough> Huddersfield <cough>

They got a decent ground and.........:jester:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
as we where in the 80's . . . . . .good 1st division maybe teeter on the edge of the premiership but I doubt we'll ever average more than 20 000 a week for any sustained period so getting any bigger is financially unsustainable

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Same as Palace.
Up and Down like a yoyo.
You may get 15.000 + crowds in Championship.
And average 19.000 in prem if you make it.
But seriuosly you need 3 years in this league 1st.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm inclined to agree with you Croydon bloke, even if we got slaughtered like you are it'd still be good to go to some Premership games and grounds

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
Croydonbloke said:
Same as Palace.
Up and Down like a yoyo.

someone normal from croydon? surely not?

he must be :drink:

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Croydonbloke said:
Same as Palace.
Up and Down like a yoyo.

Same here I think we can be a top half Championship side/ Bottom half Premiership side,

CAFC Matt

Jul 27, 2003
Woodindean
You lot would need to stay in thew Championship for a few years like Wigan have wth their new stadium. Form a base to get promoted and then who knows. You could be like us ;)

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I reckon that with Falmer we would develop into a club that on average finished twelth in the Championship. We might spend a season or two in the Premiership and the odd season in League one, but mostly it would be midtable and the odd cup run.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Just look along the coast at Pompey to get an idea of how big we could be .... or take a memory lane trip back 20 years to remind ourselves of how big we were!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
except the wealth in the Sussex area must be considerably higher than your average farmhand from Suffolk/Northfolk ?

imagine dreaming of being as good as Charlton :rolleyes: doesnt sound right, although theyre my most respected side in the PRemiership !

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
As I said .... take a trip back down memory lane to 1972 when we were an ordinary 3rd Division club ... 10 years later we were challenging Liverpool, Arsenal and the rest in the old First Division. The gap between Premiership success and the rest maybe wider, but a realistic dream of the Premiership should not be beyond us with a new ground and the cash revenue it would bring

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we could make the Premiership one day, but without an extremely wealthy benefactor, and a superb long term management structure we'll never stay there . . . .look at Wolves !

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
Ipswich/Leicester/Norwich sort of size, I would imagine.

Are we talking about the 35k regularly at Portman Road a few seasons back or the 30k at Leicester here?

Can't understand why anyone would knock Charlton, an established Premiership side, albeit a less glam one, with crowds in excess of 25k, stadium expansion to 40k mentioned......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here