Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How are the players feeling right now?

Popeye

I Don't Exercise
Nov 12, 2021
North Carolina USA
Just curious on how our guys will respond to this. Coming to training today with all their coaches gone essentially, and especially for players like Sanchez who really got help from Roberts, the love Mac had for Potter on that video, etc. I know they are all professionals, but are also human beings, so just hope it does not affect their mind set too much in the short term but its bound to right?

Also, they know the real reason Potter left and though they may understand in general terms that it happens, would royally piss me off if I was them.

We shall see their reaction against Bournemouth I suppose.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Suspect the club will be targeted in January by many a vulture looking to pick over the bones of what's left.

I sincerely hope that Bloom will effectively prevent any of our best players moving in January and not cave into such clubs.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I wonder what Trossard and Mac Allister will be doing about their contract expiry now? The exodous may only just be starting.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Probably a very strange day for them but I think they're going to beat the shit out of Bournemouth just to prove that they're good players independent of who is coaching them.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That third year on Lallana's contract could prove to be crucial. We need him to keep everyone focused on Saturday.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Probably a very strange day for them but I think they're going to beat the shit out of Bournemouth just to prove that they're good players independent of who is coaching them.

This. When we do well an inordinate amount of praise has gone to Potter. Of course, he was a massive factor in our performances but the talent of the players was sometimes overlooked.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This. When we do well an inordinate amount of praise has gone to Potter. Of course, he was a massive factor in our performances but the talent of the players was sometimes overlooked.

And 'the project'. This is a watershed moment for the club. The right appointment and this will be forgotten about by Christmas. **** it up and it's a January exodus I'm afraid. Sanchez, Mac, Moises in particular nailed on to be off. This is bleak. Yet kind of exciting. Like picking a scab.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
And 'the project'. This is a watershed moment for the club. The right appointment and this will be forgotten about by Christmas. **** it up and it's a January exodus I'm afraid. Sanchez, Mac, Moises in particular nailed on to be off. This is bleak. Yet kind of exciting. Like picking a scab.

Sliding doors moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I genuinely feel bad for Billy Gilmour right now. What must he be thinking having signed for a manager that - days later - has taken his entire coaching staff to his former club?

And Estupinan, Enciso, Undav. Ferguson too, just a 17 year old kid.

It's actually pretty shit. I feel ashamed that this could have happened at the Albion. Maybe I don't have the 'emotional intelligence' to deal with it?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I genuinely feel bad for Billy Gilmour right now. What must he be thinking having signed for a manager that - days later - has taken his entire coaching staff to his former club?

It's actually pretty shit. I feel ashamed that this could have happened at the Albion. Maybe I don't have the 'emotional intelligence' to deal with it?

Gilmour. Oh boy. Imagine.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I’d imagine a few of them will be as f**ked off with GP as we are.

I also imagine the majority of them will actually have a point to prove at the weekend. All the hyperbole and worshipping of GP over the last few days by the media has been absolutely OTT. I think the players would probably like to prove they are the ones performing on the pitch and can do it with or without the messiah of Stamford Bridge.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
I’d imagine a few of them will be as f**ked off with GP as we are.

I also imagine the majority of them will actually have a point to prove at the weekend. All the hyperbole and worshipping of GP over the last few days by the media has been absolutely OTT. I think the players would probably like to prove they are the ones performing on the pitch and can do it with or without the messiah of Stamford Bridge.

And potentially leaving Brighton top of the premiership (for an hour or so)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I felt it was wrong for Bloom to put all the eggs in Potters basket we signed players for Potter to develop rather than because they improve the side immediately. The whole ethos relied on Potter and now he’s gone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Are you still here?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Only one thing for it. We go and win the title this year. Potter who?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here