Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Housework ADVICE

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It seems we have a lot of domesticated men on here, so can anyone give me advice on keeping my house neat and tidy?:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm a bit of a head-mental when it comes to housework. I cannot sit down and relax in an untidy house - it makes me PHYSICALLY uncomfortable. I've come in half-cut from the pub before, flopped into the armchair with a nightcap for a bit of telly before bed, then had to get up again and have a bit of a tidy-round before I can actually relax. I find a mess INTENSELY irritating. If the hoover wasn't so cuffing loud I'd probably get that out last thing at night as well.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I'm a bit of a head-mental when it comes to housework. I cannot sit down and relax in an untidy house - it makes me PHYSICALLY uncomfortable. I've come in half-cut from the pub before, flopped into the armchair with a nightcap for a bit of telly before bed, then had to get up again and have a bit of a tidy-round before I can actually relax. I find a mess INTENSELY irritating. If the hoover wasn't so cuffing loud I'd probably get that out last thing at night as well.

I think the call that OCD:bigwave:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think the call that OCD:bigwave:

I think you're probably right.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest in other peoples houses. I couldn't give a toss if they're living in a tip. But my own gaff HAS to be tidy, or I am not a happy bunny.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I think you're probably right.
Doesn't bother me in the slightest in other peoples houses. I couldn't give a toss if they're living in a tip. But my own gaff HAS to be tidy, or I am not a happy bunny.

I think I read somewhere that David Beckham is the same, so you are in good company:thumbsup:

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
live in one room - do not under any circumstances use any of the appliances in the house and NEVER let other people come into your house.

To be fair when you consider things you dont actually need a house.

Stay at work very late - get in to work very early and you will find the need for a moe decreases significantly.

If you do have time out of work then book into a hotel - you could call this a 'holiday'

It still amazes me that people go on holiday while having a house.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It seems we have a lot of domesticated men on here, so can anyone give me advice on keeping my house neat and tidy?:thumbsup:

Get a Filipina wife, they just can't help themselves !

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Live with my wife...

NOW HOLD ON!!!!... This is only theoretical because you can't have her but she is such a little hitler about everything that I've gone from being typical english slob around the house (coffee grains on the sink..... dont rinse stuff before putting it in the dishwasher... football gear can go in with towels in the washing machine) to the God of cleanliness.

It's been painful... there's my blood on the walls in some places (unitl she cleaned them off!).... but I am now spick and span..... until she goes away to the holiday house and then its

SPLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRGE!!!!!
Coffee in bed with biccies YAHAY!!!!:thumbsup:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
My top tip - don't have children. My two can trash the place in about 5 seconds.

Don't have long-haired cats either. Not only are all my carpets ginger-coloured, but half the garden comes in stuck to their tails. My Dyson Animal earns its keep.

get a miele cat and dog top bollocks vacumn cleaners,

if you have wooden floors etc get a good broom, easyand quick in cleaning up most dust and crumbs.

Most dirt crap comes in through your main door entrance, aim to keep that area clean and minimise dirt qnd dust, going around the rest of the house.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here