Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hotmail email probem: attaching a photo album and changing all the extensions

Hotmail won't even let me select a folder containing nine pics for attachment to an email, but it will let me attach each pic one by one.
Also, I'm unsure if the recipient wants to spend 16MB downloading these .bmp files to a phone; is .jpg the least bit-thirsty extension and would I have to convert each pic individually?

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Have you tried holding shift and selecting the first file in the folder and then the last (hopefully it will select all the files in between too)?

Regarding your second enquiry, it depends on the level of compression (and the efficiency of the compression) on the files much more than on the file format - you can get massive jpg files as well as ones optimised for the web.

Rather than send a massive email, you could just plonk the files into a public folder on your computer using a service such as Dropbox (see http://www.dropbox.com)

Thanks GR but I've already explained to the recipient at length on how to open this album in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer, and I don't really want to go about revising this. The pics are actually screenprints of a long IM conversation and I wanted them to be able to read them using the forward button at the bottom of the viewer for continuity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here