Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hot Youngster signs.............

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
according to a mate of mine, Sam Kennedy is on the verge of a signing for Brighton on a pay-as-you-play contract. 'Kennerz' as he is known has had brief stints at Peacehaven,Denton and Saltdean, seems quite a strange signing but it is understood he is training with the team for the rest of the week.:eek:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
hes 19 years old, looked as though he hadnt made it but this could be the break he is looking forward to.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
staff_box_hc_sam.gif

Sam is a go-getter. She's ambitious and determined to do well as part of Meyer's surgical team. She's not afraid of confrontation and is happy to take on all-comers when she feels a battle is worth fighting. Her self belief sees her through but maybe she's not as tough as she'd have the hospital believe.

staff_box_hc_sam2.gif

She can play in my midfield anytime!

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Great, a 19 year old kid who has had'Brief stints' with Peacehaven and Denton. Never played proffesionally, even better:nono: :nono:

Last edited:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
hold on lets not jump the gun, he played the year above jake at youth football, showed huge promise but lacked in attitude, we have to wait and see if he proves a success, no harm in a trial i spose.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Agreed its a pay-to-play contract so it will not cost us anything. If MM sees something in him, then I think we should trust him. He was right with Currie, he was right with McGammon.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
just seems strange if a 19 year old with no professional experience signs on a pay as you play contract? Its not as if he is going to walk into the first team. Good luck to him. lets hope he is a class act and earns an honest wage.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Biscuit said:
I wonder what sort of websites you'd get in you typed 'Hot Youngster' into google..

Not sure but I am guessing it would not be work safe.:lolol:

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Superseagull said:
just seems strange if a 19 year old with no professional experience signs on a pay as you play contract? Its not as if he is going to walk into the first team. Good luck to him. lets hope he is a class act and earns an honest wage.

fair pont but look at paul ifill we missed out on him.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
as a youth he played on the right-hand side of midfield but also had the ability to play at right-back.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Brighton should take a look at three young lads in Horsham.

Lee Carney and Jamie Taylor are both superb and stand out in a decent Horsham side pushing for promotion with AFC Wimbledon. Carney is a tough midfielder who was on Millwall's books and Taylor is a striker who got 50 goals in the ryman league a couple of seasons back. Both 23.

Ali Russell plays for Horsham YMCA and is a good young target man. Scoring for fun and used to play at AFC Wimbledon. He is 21 and a great prospect.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Richie Morris said:

Lee Carney and Jamie Taylor are both superb and stand out in a decent Horsham side pushing for promotion with AFC Wimbledon. Carney is a tough midfielder who was on Millwall's books and Taylor is a striker who got 50 goals in the ryman league a couple of seasons back. Both 23.

Ali Russell plays for Horsham YMCA and is a good young target man. Scoring for fun and used to play at AFC Wimbledon. He is 21 and a great prospect.

I might pop up to Queen Street soon to scout these youngsters to second what Richie is saying.

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Richie can I just ask if you have every seen any of these players???

Both Taylor and Russell I have come across when I was covering AFC Wimbledon and if you seriously think they should be given a chance in the Conference let alone the Championship u need ur head screwed on!!

Russell is tall yes, but a good target man I think not, lazy, slow and no eye for goal, never made it at AFC or Carshalton so perfect for YMCA level.

Taylor was described as a Michael Owen type player to me by one of his previous managers, and yes he is tricky and short, but also very lightweight and never going to be a pro.

Just get back to slagging of McCammon, theres a good boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here