Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hostile Reception

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was there, and I don't know what you're talking about. It was a tasty game, let's not forget the sending off of Bridcutt, but it wasn't dirty and it wasn't in any way naughty. Besides, the majority of the Withdean crowd won't do anything. McGleish barely gets a peep when he plays, except from Block H.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lua lua's broken leg was arguably self inflicted. Bridcutt's tackle was a lot worse.

I can't find it in me to get remotely worked up about Hartlepool, and I say that as someone who has wasted two whole days of my life on trips up there this season and last.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I was there, and I don't know what you're talking about. It was a tasty game, let's not forget the sending off of Bridcutt, but it wasn't dirty and it wasn't in any way naughty. Besides, the majority of the Withdean crowd won't do anything. McGleish barely gets a peep when he plays, except from Block H.

He gets f***ing dogs abuse from me and Superwife from the north stand.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Was it not Andy Monkhouse who did it...the guy we tried to sign a few seasons ago,Lua Lua was heavily tackled five times in the first 10 minutes of coming on the pitch....or am I'm being cynical in thinking they knew he was a threat and went to take him out....your decision!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
No, no they won't. They stopped us playing, something very few teams have done. Fair play to 'em

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There were some heavy tackles on Dave, granted, but the one that resulted in him breaking his leg was at least in part due to him losing control of the ball and diving in to try and retrieve it.

Edgefield

Edgefield
Jul 20, 2008
London
Bennett running back easily going to make ball first then elbowed in face bringing blood from his nose. ref eagerly waving play on, loads of dodgy challenges. And if you think Bridcutt made that appalling tackle for any other reason than it was a result from being roughed up....... And I didnt start on the one leg while other leg cleaned Lua Lua out tackle.. If Wengers lot ever had that sort of treatment up north...........

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was it not Andy Monkhouse who did it...the guy we tried to sign a few seasons ago,Lua Lua was heavily tackled five times in the first 10 minutes of coming on the pitch....or am I'm being cynical in thinking they knew he was a threat and went to take him out....your decision!

It was. Hartlepool targetted him immediately with no protection from the ref. Their tackles and off the ball incidents were very rough. We had started getting the upper hand in the game after Dicker's goal until Bridcutt got sent off. Once Lualua was taken out there was no way back.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
It was. Hartlepool targetted him immediately with no protection from the ref. Their tackles and off the ball incidents were very rough. We had started getting the upper hand in the game after Dicker's goal until Bridcutt got sent off. Once Lualua was taken out there was no way back.

Agreed.
We were off the boil but H'pool got away with a lot that day.
The ref was a disgrace.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Play it by ear, if they start mixing it then let them know. I think playing away they will be a bit different though, can't see us losing.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I remember playing Hartlepool at home about this time of year, in fog and drizzle, like today.

We won 5-0

Attachments

• brighton-fans-united-feb-1997-3.jpg
    brighton-fans-united-feb-1997-3.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 342

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here