Votes: 14 45.2%
  • N

Votes: 17 54.8%

• Total voters

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
According to this report, Hope Powell is being "talked about for a job in the men's game". Now, seeing as we have a man-god currently at the helm, this is of little interest to us. But say (just say, mind) that Gus was attracted elsewhere. Would you support the appointment of a female manager?

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
She has proven herself at womens football at a high level, I reckon she would do well but would rather see her in an assistant role at a lower club and build her way up to get used to the differences between the mens and womens game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If there was a woman manager with sufficient experince in the football league to be worthy of consideration then maybe. Wouldn't support a suggestion of the Albion being the guinea pig, though.

Agree with the above - she'd have to work her way up - Assistant first, etc.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
For jobs in many realms (local authories, for one) Hope Powell is the DREAM CANDIDATE. Black, Gay*, Female. If she could conjure up some kind of disability she'd be sorted for life. Sadly she's chosen the ONE profession where none of this will get her anywhere!

* She may not actually be gay. I may have made that bit up.

glentana

glentana
Oct 6, 2010
hastings
According to this report, Hope Powell is being "talked about for a job in the men's game". Now, seeing as we have a man-god currently at the helm, this is of little interest to us. But say (just say, mind) that Gus was attracted elsewhere. Would you support the appointment of a female manager?
Need to get some Jock to explain off-side rule first! Better still, get someone to explain it to Glenn Murray!!! :laugh:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
For jobs in many realms (local authories, for one) Hope Powell is the DREAM CANDIDATE. Black, Gay*, Female. If she could conjure up some kind of disability she'd be sorted for life. Sadly she's chosen the ONE profession where none of this will get her anywhere!

:lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This may sound sexist but it is not intended as such but I strongly believe that due to the physical strength etc the woman should both officiate and participate in the the sport within the female side and that the football league should remain a domain for males only. When they are able to compete on a level field with males then females shoud be permitted within the male game. The same goes for tennis and cricket where their physical strength does not allow them to be equal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This may sound sexist but it is not intended as such but I strongly believe that due to the physical strength etc the woman should both officiate and participate in the the sport within the female side and that the football league should remain a domain for males only. .

Why in God's name, should a difference in physical strength, preclude a woman from OFFICIATING in a men's sport? She only has to send them off, not carry them off.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Yeah, why not, she has a proven track record as a coach...if she is a good trainer, coach, motivator and tactician then why shouldn't she become coach or manager of a league team?

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

Why in God's name, should a difference in physical strength, preclude a woman from OFFICIATING in a men's sport? She only has to send them off, not carry them off.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

You're on fine form here HKFC

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Keeping up with play innit.

I mean just look at the ATHLETES the EPL employ as refs these days.

Assuming that the woman is physically fit enough to be in the correct positions to make the key decisions, then of course it shouldn't.

Anyway, it's too late to segregate the sports (as that is seemingly what BensGrandad is proposing). The woman's game is awash with male coaches, and there are plenty of female physios, masseurs, etc in men's football.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
If she is the best candidate and already has some experience in the men's game then yes - as others I would not like to be a guinea pig to a PR stunt.

Having said that, I'd rather have her than a 'journeyman' manager who couldn't give two fucks. Like Dave Bassett

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Keeping up with play innit.

I mean just look at the ATHLETES the EPL employ as refs these days.

images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here