Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home first.....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
JOHNSTONES PAINT TROPHY DRAW

JOHNSTONE'S PAINT TROPHY DRAW

The draw has been made for the Johnstone's Paint Area Finals, to determine which team will be at home first.

In the northern section Scunthorpe United will host Rotherham United at Glanford Park in the first leg before travelling to the Don Valley Stadium five weeks later.

In the southern section Luton Town will travel to Brighton & Hove Albion first before hosting them at Kenilworth Road in the second leg.

Northern Section

1st Leg - Scunthorpe United v Rotherham United
2nd Leg - Rotherham United v Scunthorpe United

Southern Section

1st Leg - Brighton & Hove Albion v Luton Town
2nd Leg - Luton Town v Brighton & Hove Albion

1st Leg ties will be played week commencing 19th January 2009, 2nd Leg ties will be played week commencing 16th February 2009.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What are the rules if it is tied after both legs?

Away goals?
Extra time?
Straight to penalties?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No bad thing. With our record at Kenilworth Road, it might be helpful to have the chance to go there with a lead.

:crossesfingers:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Because our home record is so awesome Edna ;)

Fortunately, because I've sat there with my eyes shut for all our recent home games, I'm none the wiser and fully believe we've won them all with a dynamic and potent brand of football, thus re-establishing "Fortress Withdean"

:lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hope there will be more televised games in this comp before the final.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
oh FFS - i am away on Holiday on the day of the deciding game, f***ing bollllllocks.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What are the rules if it is tied after both legs?

Away goals?
Extra time?
Straight to penalties?

Sorry to quote myself - but I have looked on 'tinternet and cannot find the answer to this question (it isn't even mentioned in the 'official' JPT rules!).

Am I correct in thinking that the away goals rule applies in the event of a tie after both legs and if the teams still cannot be seperated than the match proceeds straight to penalties??

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Not sure it makes a great deal of difference. There aren't away goals are there?

Surely even the people who hate this competition (rather than just ambivalence) have to admit they'd be gutted to go out now, Wembley is so close you could TASTE it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Looking forward to all the squabbling on here over tickets if we have a lead going into the away leg.

We'll sell out won't we. Tin pot trophy or otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here