Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holidays 2010

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where you all off to? Trying to get some ideas, for somewhere nice and sunny (probably looking for September ish time), also like somewhere where you can do a bit of exploring or whatever! Will be going with the missus. Pref. outside of the EuroZone (poor exchange rate)

Off to South Africa for the World Cup, so ideally not massively expensive of long haul, as do alot of long haul flying with work, so 4-5 hour flight would be ideal!

Been to Sharm before, considering it again but wondering if there are any 'up and coming' resorts to consider

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Off on Monday for 3 weeks to Singapore / Bali / Tioman Island / KL

Cannot wait!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Off with the better half to Leicestershire for a week camping in early June.

Also hoping to do a couple of long weekend city breaks in Europe, any recommendations greatly appreciated. Have loved doing Berlin, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik and Ljubljana over the past 12 months.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
5 weeks in July/August in Peru, Bolivia and Chile. May even take a flight to Argentina for a week in the middle to go to Iguazu Falls:thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tenerife in April - never been before but told it's good for a spot of spring sunshine and its easy to get to

Malta in May before it gets too crowded. Renting a villa is really affordable

South of France in late June/July - best time in my book before the french main holidays and in a gites its fantastically cheap for a couple of weeks

Polish Lakes in August for a week - not been before but friends there so should be fun

Bali in October - my idea of heaven but seeing the post above I think I might add a visit to somewhere like Tioman Island for somewhere new and also plan to factor in a week in Perth to visit relatives.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Also hoping to do a couple of long weekend city breaks in Europe, any recommendations greatly appreciated. Have loved doing Berlin, Sarajevo, Dubrovnik and Ljubljana over the past 12 months.

Budapest is worth a visit although you may have to swerve round a good few english stag parties :lolol:

Prague is beautiful and can also recommend Copenhagen, Helsinki and Vienna for long weekend breaks

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Taking the nipper to EuroDisney :clap2: :clap2:

But would recommend Cuba went a couple of years ago - lovely place and people! :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Berlin in early April, North Devon end of May, Florida in August, October half-term probably Turkey

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
2 weeks in The Algarve early September. First 2 weeks after the prices go back to normal after the kids go back to school. Really looking forward to our first proper holiday together sans daughter.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Taking the nipper to EuroDisney :clap2: :clap2:

But would recommend Cuba went a couple of years ago - lovely place and people! :thumbsup:

Do fancy Cuba, but travel to US too much to risk it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here