Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hinshelwood: superb player, dodgy haircut

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I thought Hinsh was clearly man of the match yesterday but I'm not entirely sure what's going on with his hair. For anyone who hasn't seen it's a sort of crew-cut mullet, shaved up above his ears and long at the back. A Hoddle for the new century, perhaps.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Couldn't get to the game yesterday but from the radio commentary it sounded as if Hinsh was everywhere and had a storming game. Let's hope that he is not dropped again when Watto is fit. I know which player I prefer.

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Quite agree Zebedee.

I'm torn between Hinshelwood and Kiupers for my MOM, both were excellent.

Def a dodgy haircut but if he continues to play like that I can forgive him anything

Without doubt, Hinsh is the best prospect out of the current crop of young players coming through. The fact he can play both right back and centre back is a massive bonus for us. Not sure of his best position really, but Watson was an accident waiting to happen at right back for ages before he was injured. Before, he was probably worth his place in the side for his set pieces. As he lost the plot with those last season, I see no reason for him to get his place back when he is fit?

Sep 6, 2003
Wolverhampton
Hinsh was superb, but yes, extremely suspect barnet. The former Dutch Marine (CHEF!!!) was oustanding too, some of the crosses he caught, shots stopped etc.... the man is god.
But Darius Henderson appears to be the new Dirk Lehman, please, please, please Reading, recall this fool and lets give Chris McPhee the chance he deserves.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I thought Hinch had a tremendous game at Middlesbrough - even though the goal came from his wing. He stopped them getting any crosses over in normal time, and had their left side well under control. As a fullback he looks so solid that I'm concerned that Coppell might want him to move to the centre while Cullip's out. Sure, he hasn't got the passing and crossing skills of Watson - but he looks so much more secure. Also, this can be worked on in training.

Coming away from our North-East trip with 2 'normal time' clean sheets is brilliant, and shows that we've made great improvements since Plymouth, Swindon, etc. In fact, I'd say we're now looking like real championship contenders. If only we could get someone alongside Leon to share the goalscoring. McPhee might be the answer, but I suspect he'll be better used as a sub.

MRRF 10

Jim D said:
I thought Hinch had a tremendous game at Middlesbrough - even though the goal came from his wing. He stopped them getting any crosses over in normal time, and had their left side well under control. As a fullback he looks so solid that I'm concerned that Coppell might want him to move to the centre while Cullip's out. Sure, he hasn't got the passing and crossing skills of Watson - but he looks so much more secure. Also, this can be worked on in training.

Coming away from our North-East trip with 2 'normal time' clean sheets is brilliant, and shows that we've made great improvements since Plymouth, Swindon, etc. In fact, I'd say we're now looking like real championship contenders. If only we could get someone alongside Leon to share the goalscoring. McPhee might be the answer, but I suspect he'll be better used as a sub.

isn't it strange how we get these clean sheets when kuipers is playing

Henderson has been great so far this season, and yesterday he was bloody brilliant.

But, yep, dodgy haircut. Bless 'im, the young pup - when he's a little older he'll look back with horror at what he looked like (can there be anybody over thirty who has not thought that at some point?). Meanwhile, he will be able to look back on his becoming an Albion legend with pride.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Mullets are for Chislas.

As are eyebrow piercings.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
good to see a yongster come thru well done hinsh.
as for henderson unless the ball lands at his feet
he's fecking useless....

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Hinshlewood was my man of the match he was surperb!! Do you think jonesy has given Hinsh hair advice:lolol:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
albiongirl said:
Do you think jonesy has given Hinsh hair advice:lolol:

What hair? Jonah's shaved his head yet again:ohmy:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Wasn't at Hartlepool, but not surprised to see the rave reviews of Hinshelwood. I thought he'd been really good the last few matches. He had a storming second half against Chesterfield. I think the lad will go on to play in the premiership, hopefully at Falmer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here