Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hinshelwood, Oatway, Brown

bhamanandboy

Feb 17, 2008
I do hope these jokers are not kept in that position for long. Hinshelwood has previous for not being up to it. Oatway, Not in a million years.

Brown is exempt.

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
If you ignore Hinshelwood's ill-fated run as manager, he does have a good record as a CARETAKER manager, so don't expect him to get the job permanently.
As for immediately calling people jokers when they haven't actually started yet, well that's just wrong, and shows an inability to give people time, which is what a lot of people have said that Bloom didn't give Slade.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The only joke is the first two posts on this thread. What don't you remedials understand about the word CARETAKER.

Someone's got to take care of the playing side until we appoint a new management team.

Yoda

English & European
Can people remember Hinsh's stint as manager wasn't helped with Zamora's injury and being stuck with Marney and Wilkinson as our only fit strikers.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
They are three of the only coaches left in the club so who else was going to do it?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yay! Let's start attacking them before we even get to see what they can do!

Sure Hinshelwood's reign wasn't too good, but that was at championship level. And maybe with the assistance of Oatway and Brown they bring to the table what he was lacking.

Why No to oatway? Have you seen him manage anyone in League one? This may be his calling. He might be the motivation the players need.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
jokers? what planet are some people on. Oatway did well as assistant at Havant im pretty sure they missed out on promotions but there was that disappointing defeat to Liverpool in the cup. Brown was involved in the West Ham academy see saturdays programe trust me he's decent and as for Hinsh ok he was a poor manager but as caretaker he's done well and his involvement in the youth set up kept the club going when we had no money to buy players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hinshelwood was on a hiding to nothing. An unfit Zamora, a sicknote in Kitson and an unfit Guy Butters plus some other injuries from memory. The team that won two Championships was WAY out of it's depth in the Championship and Hinshelwood was dumped with the job when the German changed his mind at the 11th hour after DK ahd had a whole close season to sort it out. DK was mostly responsible for the unmitigated disaster that was our 1st Championship season.

I think he is a competant caretaker manager. If Oatway can kick some butt and wind the players up we just may be a bit more effective than we've been under Slade imo. But hey let's tell him what a **** him and his helpers are before they've even taken a training session..

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I do hope these jokers are not kept in that position for long. Hinshelwood has previous for not being up to it. Oatway, Not in a million years.

Brown is exempt.

Let's put the tea lady in charge then :shrug:

Hinshelwood is a good club man and has done very well with the youth team. Oatway cares passionately about the club and Brown, I understand, is highly rated. I think the club is in safe hands for as long as it takes to appoint a manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here