Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hicks and Gillette lose in court...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So one set of Yanks for another.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
We've got rid of a set of profiteering yanks!

Cue gang of fans outside court singing "You'll never walk alone" with joy.

We've got a new set of profiteering yanks!

Cue gang of fans outside court singing "You'll never walk alone" with joy.
:laugh:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I see the Liverpool fans are calling Hicks and Gillett 'Randolph and Mortimer' after the Dukes in Trading Places. That is quality.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So how much have Hicks and Gillett lost on this?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.

£144 million between them.

As a Red Sox fan who's had to put up with our shittest season since NESV took over nine years ago, I can't say I'm happy about them pissing £300m up the wall on Liverpool :( It's pretty much half of what NESV is worth.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So much for the NESV "record of success". In recent years it's not the Red Sox that have challenged the Yankees in their division but the Tampa Bay Rays.

Over the weekend there were stories in most of the papers about NESV walking away if the points deduction happened, in which case that's hardly a group of owners committed to the cause, is it?

I have a feeling the NESV deal will go down as another disaster because I simply can't see how they can deliver the new stadium.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Now all it needs is Lim to takeover Liverpool and turn them into a feeder club for Manure :lol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It is hilarious really, for a club that prided itself on keeping everything in-house, including the likes of Hansen playing for his country, but giving no tips to his team mates on how to deal with Rush when playing Wales, they are now a 24/7 footballing soap opera. 20 years without the title looks like extending well into the 30's!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not such a close shave for the Liverpool fans as they first thought then?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
£144 million between them.
So let me get this straight.

Two Americans with little knowledge of football, "buy" one of the most storied clubs in the world, using mostly borrowed money. In doing this, they saddle the club with debts of £300m+ and near unserviceable interest payments.

A few years later, despite relative success (multiple Champs league qualification and the occasional minor trophy) and they are £144 million worse off?

How the f*** did these two idiots pass the "right and proper" owners test when they are so obviously complete chancers who risked sending the club to the wall?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So does all this mean Liverpool are now a bargain at £270m? Actually forget it, this story has almost made me lose the will to live.

What seems clear is that unless the fans accept they are Premier League also-rans like Villa and Everton (which they never will) they are doomed to permanent disappointment without a new stadium.

Arsenal must make something like a million more every home game.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007

They have lost a small fortune mainly because they fell out with each other big time.

The rest of the loss must surely be placed on Benitez (who spunked loads on players who were basically crap) and the fans that stuck behind Benitez when he was losing it big time.

They can blame Gillette and Hicks for not talking and sorting stuff out but the board and manager in charge of day to day stuff have a lot tos answer to also.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So let me get this straight.

Two Americans with little knowledge of football, "buy" one of the most storied clubs in the world, using mostly borrowed money. In doing this, they saddle the club with debts of £300m+ and near unserviceable interest payments.

A few years later, despite relative success (multiple Champs league qualification and the occasional minor trophy) and they are £144 million worse off?

How the f*** did these two idiots pass the "right and proper" owners test when they are so obviously complete chancers who risked sending the club to the wall?

You have to wonder how idiots like that made money in the first place. Still, glad to see they got out of this one with nothing.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
It is hilarious really, for a club that prided itself on keeping everything in-house, including the likes of Hansen playing for his country, but giving no tips to his team mates on how to deal with Rush when playing Wales, they are now a 24/7 footballing soap opera. 20 years without the title looks like extending well into the 30's!

Exactly one of the reasons they wanted these muppets out

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
They have lost a small fortune mainly because they fell out with each other big time.

The rest of the loss must surely be placed on Benitez (who spunked loads on players who were basically crap) and the fans that stuck behind Benitez when he was losing it big time.

They can blame Gillette and Hicks for not talking and sorting stuff out but the board and manager in charge of day to day stuff have a lot tos answer to also.

£10 million NET spend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here