Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hertha Berlin Vs Dynamo Dresden tonight

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Huge twist at the end of extra time with Hertha grabbing an equaliser with the last kick after Dynamo had themselves grabbed an equaliser on 90 minutes, then gone onto lead in the first period of ET. As often with twists of luck, Hertha went on to win the shoot out. After the insanity of having a 35,000 away fan invasion and going to penalties, they have a couple of days recovery time for a more sedate low key game - Union Berlin away. :eek:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm currently in Dusseldorf and went and watched Dortmund v Gladbach last night. Incredible support from both fans.

Smart cards for drinking and branded plastic cups. The only negative was the smoking in the stands, can't believe how many Germans still smoke!

Sounds like Nirvana (even though I don't smoke any more)!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
70k in Berlin; 81k in Dortmund. Surely the DFB has overtaken the FACup as Europe's best domestic cup competition?

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
70k in Berlin; 81k in Dortmund. Surely the DFB has overtaken the FACup as Europe's best domestic cup competition?

In the first round, the 24 amateur teams get automatic home advantage against the Bundesliga teams. I like that.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I find it really interesting that a country so stereotypically straight laced in many aspects (punctuality, funcionality, ordered) can produce and allows such mental scenes when it comes to football.

Quite jealous they can achieve it whilst we can't take bottle tops into the stands for fear of fvck knows what considering a coin for example would do much more damage if thrown than a bloody bottle top

Add to that the tickets are dirt cheap (typically about £10-£15) and German football culture has a lot going for it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, pretty much. I'm not advocating for the kind of scenes in the op's photo - that really is madness - but we've gone so far in the opposite direction we've completely lost sight of rational thinking - like the bottletop situation (why was that actually brought in!? Did one person throw a bottletop or something??). We just accept it all like sheepdog.

Someone threw a plastic bottle full of liquid. Flying contains of liquid are somewhat less weaponized with the lid off.

And it will be insurers who drive the rules.

If the Germans largely behave themselves their freedoms will be protected. A few dicks and it's all change. Who knew, eh? ???

Train Spotter

Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
01B41B9D-4BCD-41C0-8571-78FEB3708B4A.jpeg

Only 54k at the Bernabeu last night

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yep, pretty much. I'm not advocating for the kind of scenes in the op's photo - that really is madness - but we've gone so far in the opposite direction we've completely lost sight of rational thinking - like the bottletop situation (why was that actually brought in!? Did one person throw a bottletop or something??). We just accept it all like sheepdog.

Some muppet threw a full bottle at a premier league player and it hit him. Not at Brighton but the FA clearly asked the clubs to clamp down on it. Obviously they arent going to stop selling the drinks but without the top its not so much of a missile. Then some fans were getting around this by bringing in their own tops hence all the crying about it.

Edit to add it was Dele Alli that got hit in the head by one.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Do they field weakened teams and are there no replays?

Nearly always full strength. No replays. Extra Time & penalties. A strange quirk with this competition: Players can't be cup tied. Quite possible for a player to play in the early rounds, move in the January window then play in the cup for his new club. Happened with Sandro Wagner a couple of seasons back when moving from Hoffenheim to Bayern.

I don't get it either.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here